NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

FYI interview is done for the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

is the class full??
I think they are not full yet because their last interview was yesterday. Soon or after it will be full but of course people withdraw as well. So I guess if you are waitlisted, just hang in there.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I think they are not full yet because their last interview was yesterday. Soon or after it will be full but of course people withdraw as well. So I guess if you are waitlisted, just hang in there.
How do you know they have stopped interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see that lots of people are asking about what is the best way to contact the admission to show interest and follow up with updates. I really suggest going to your portal and schedule a virtual meeting with them!!! I see there are lots of spots open. You get the chance of having a period of time that you schedule for to have any conversation you want! All those questions that you ask here about the class or the waitlist process can be answered by them directly. Add up to the formula of saying that you would pay the $5,000 deposit, you can show your interest by telling them why NYU is the one for you!
1617294821255.png

Just got my acceptance!!! Interviewed yesterday omg:’)

Reactions: 5 users
What do those waitlisted think are the chances of getting off?

Congrats on your acceptance! Did you send the update letters through email? If so, were you able to see these update letters on your portal under the uploaded materials?
Yes, I sent them through email. I didn't see them uploaded onto the portal though -- I think the portal uploads are for documents (like transcripts, certifications)

Do they see messages on weekends or only during business days/hrs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a call from them asking if I was still interested, to which I said yes. Not sure if this means anything more...Anyone else get a call?

Just received a call from them asking if I was still interested, to which I said yes. Not sure if this means anything more...Anyone else get a call?
have you reached out to them recently or has it been a while since you've talked to them?

have you reached out to them recently or has it been a while since you've talked to them?
Ive sent two letters of interest, both with EC and academic updates, in the last 2-3 weeks. Also an additional letter of rec.

I told them in the call that I have already committed to a school (UConn). I was waitlisted on February 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Any more interview invites this month? Have any re-applicants been accepted this year?

Does anyone who got accepted know what time the deposit is due on the due date? Also, do we still have the option of splitting our deposit into the 1500 and 3000?

Does anyone who got accepted know what time the deposit is due on the due date? Also, do we still have the option of splitting our deposit into the 1500 and 3000?
What are your stats?

From what I know, it can go up to $25k per year but haven’t heard of any amount that’s higher. Typically only about 10% of the incoming class gets some sort of scholarship so it’s pretty competitive.
Do people apply for the scholarship, or is this a scholarship nyu just gives out?

Do people apply for the scholarship, or is this a scholarship nyu just gives out?
These scholarships are given at the time of acceptance. I don't think you can apply for them since they're merit based.

Is there an Instagram account for the class of 2025?

Will be turning down my acceptance tomorrow. Good luck to those of you still waiting — continue contacting the admissions office and showing your interest!

Reactions: 5 users
Declined my seat today. I hope it goes to one of you, best of luck!!

Has anyone received a continued interest email recently?

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who got continued interest email, did you email them with updates or called them frequently?