General Admissions & OTCAS NYU & Columbia OT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LSR8424

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from NYU or Columbia yet?? I know people heard back as early as mid Feb in previous years...just wanted to see if anyone has!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from NYU or Columbia yet?? I know people heard back as early as mid Feb in previous years...just wanted to see if anyone has!

i haven't heard back either.. dying to hear back from NYU

Members don't see this ad :)
havent heard anything, but i accepted my offer at downstate so it doesn't matter. still curious though!

I think we have at least a month until we hear from both schools unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
I've only heard back from Columbia when they sent out the application checklists but they haven't been responsive with emails at all :(

No I have not heard anything back yet as well. I only received a checklist from Columbia too.

Thank you for starting this thread, I am on here like everyday checking for updates.

Admitted to NYU as well this afternoon! They do not do interviews

Hey guys!
I was accepted by nyu earlier today :)

Has anyone else heard back?

got rejected yesterday, congrats and best of luck to you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard from NYU! Did everyone else hear?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I haven't heard from NYU either. Don't know if thats a good or bad thing.

Reactions: 1 users
I also haven't heard back... does anyone know if they send out rejection letters or if I will be just waiting forever if I don't get in? Haha

I also haven't heard back... does anyone know if they send out rejection letters or if I will be just waiting forever if I don't get in? Haha

i got a rejection letter on sunday haha maybe they haven't processed all their applications yet... i'm sure they received a lot

I just got an email that I am on the waitlist

Those that are wait listed or accepted.. Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

For Columbia is the portal the checklist? If so, It says they received everything but application is incomplete. I know they've been sending numerous messages that they need time to update it but how long will that take? I called asking and the secretary stated that everyone's portal is incomplete. This a bit confusing.

Hi! I got an email this afternoon from NYU saying that I am on the waitlist (happy because it's finally not a rejection!) Does anyone know how many they waitlist/ the realistic odds of getting in?

For Columbia is the portal the checklist? If so, It says they received everything but application is incomplete. I know they've been sending numerous messages that they need time to update it but how long will that take? I called asking and the secretary stated that everyone's portal is incomplete. This a bit confusing.
Hey my application also says it's incomplete despite having received everything. I wanted to call/email the office but I figured I would leave it alone since they addressed the issue already and it sounds like they're really backed up on reviewing the applications.
But did you get a checklist email? I got one back in December and my application needed some revisions so I sent those in via email. That was the last time I heard from them.

Hi! I got an email this afternoon from NYU saying that I am on the waitlist (happy because it's finally not a rejection!) Does anyone know how many they waitlist/ the realistic odds of getting in?
Someone I know is currently @ NYU and she was initially wait-listed. She told me that a good chunk of her class was wait-listed before being accepted so I would say you have a pretty good chance. Good luck!

Hey my application also says it's incomplete despite having received everything. I wanted to call/email the office but I figured I would leave it alone since they addressed the issue already and it sounds like they're really backed up on reviewing the applications.
But did you get a checklist email? I got one back in December and my application needed some revisions so I sent those in via email. That was the last time I heard from them.

Honestly, my checklist from last year is still incomplete (even though I sent everything in.) They aren't very efficient with updating portals.

Anyone who has been accepted or wait listed at NYU mind sharing your stats?

Anyone still waiting on a checklist from Columbia? I'm getting nervous I slipped through the cracks as its almost March..

Anyone know the total cost of NYU's program?

Thanks! I'm having trouble finding out if there are additional fees.
I'm guessing there probably are and that's just tuition haha. Have you been accepted? Do you know if there are a lot of scholarships available?

Anyone still waiting on a checklist from Columbia? I'm getting nervous I slipped through the cracks as its almost March..
I just received my checklist .. It still says that my application is incomplete even though everything is but admissions said they just haven't updated that yet

I'm also still waiting... This is nerve-racking because I think we should've received it by now.

Hello Everyone,
I just got wait listed by NYU today and still have not received a check list from Columbia. Does anyone know if the earlier you know about being on the wait list the better chance you have? How big is the wait list? When do the accepted students have to send in their deposits by? Thank you and Good Luck!
My Stats:
Kean University GPA: 3.9
Pre-Req- 3.8
Bergen Community College GPA: 3.7

57 hours in observations in two different settings. Therapeutic Recreation Student. Practicum with people with developmental disabilities. Currently completing internship at a psychiatric hospital to complete my bachelors.

I'm also still waiting... This is nerve-racking because I think we should've received it by now.
Hey guys! It seems that they're still processing applications. They say that you are not going to be penalized for their tardiness!

Did anybody that was already waitlisted receive another email today to notify you that you are on the waitlist? Kinda weird because them email today made it sound like you were not already told that you were on the waitlist.

Did anybody that was already waitlisted receive another email today to notify you that you are on the waitlist? Kinda weird because them email today made it sound like you were not already told that you were on the waitlist.

I did not. Do you happen to know how big the waitlist is and if it is better that we have been notified early? I know someone who has not heard of anything yet.

I do not know how big the waitlist is, but the email I received today said that the waitlist is not currently in rank order.

I'm guessing there probably are and that's just tuition haha. Have you been accepted? Do you know if there are a lot of scholarships available?
I'm not certain on the scholarships. I received an email with outside scholarships listed, and I know that Steinhardt does have a graduate scholarship, but I can't find any info on how common it is to receive one/the typical amount received. I know the OT program itself offers no scholarships.

I do not know how big the waitlist is, but the email I received today said that the waitlist is not currently in rank order.

Thank you, hopefully we get in. I have heard that a good chunk of people get in off of the waitlist. However, that varies each year.

I'm wondering if they have already accepted everybody and are just sending out rejections/wait list now?? Still waiting for an email and so anxious haha

Hey! Yes I also got the second email about being on the waitlist.. I was thinking that it may confirm that they received the waitlist response form ?

Hey! Yes I also got the second email about being on the waitlist.. I was thinking that it may confirm that they received the waitlist response form ?

That makes sense. I will let you guys know if I receive the same email. I just faxed my form in last night.

Just a little insight into the waiting game from last year... I was waitlisted at NYU and rejected by Columbia. My Columbia portal from last year still says it is incomplete. I did get a few responses from Columbia while trying to verify items, but eventually they stopped responding and I was sent a rejection. NYU keeps you on the waitlist until the end of August, in the event that someone drops out last minute or their deposit doesn't go through. I assume the waitlist is the same amount of students as the ones who were accepted, but I could be wrong. The first wave of students accepted off the waitlist were notified at the end of April. The waitlist is choppy after that, but I kept hearing that it was common for students to be accepted up until the Friday before the semester started.