General Admissions & OTCAS NYU & Columbia OT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not really sure now. I have been blessed to have the option of either NYU or Columbia and I have originally stated that I wanted to go to Columbia, but NYU was always my number one because of the curriculum. However, I want to explore all aspects of the program/institution before I make my final decision. I would have a better idea after I go to both information sessions for accepted students.
Hi,

Im applying for the 2018 cycle and just received a pre-req checklist, Jessica put on the checklist that I need to send a syllabus for English composition and developmental psych. I sent her the syllabi and CPR certification, clarifying the incomplete areas. I just havent received an email back, so I'm getting a little nervous. I just don't want them to reject me for a misunderstanding. Anyone have this problem? I applied october 19th and the deadline is December 1st and Janurary 1st for transcripts.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Im applying for the 2018 cycle and just received a pre-req checklist, Jessica put on the checklist that I need to send a syllabus for English composition and developmental psych. I sent her the syllabi and CPR certification, clarifying the incomplete areas. I just havent received an email back, so I'm getting a little nervous. I just don't want them to reject me for a misunderstanding. Anyone have this problem? I applied october 19th and the deadline is December 1st and Janurary 1st for transcripts.

Congrats to anyone accepted to Columbia! I'm a first year student there now and love it. Really great program and the faculty are outstanding. We have about 53 people in our class vs NYU has over 100 I believe so we get a lot of individual time with our professors. We do spend our first year focusing on mental health, but it is very applicable no matter what field you want to go in to!

I was wait listed originally and was accepted early May, so don't lose faith! I sent in a letter after I was wait listed to Dr. Faulk-Kessler stating why I wanted to go to Columbia and that I would accept if offered a position. I cannot say whether or not this helped me get accepted but I believe it did. I can't wait to meet all of the new OT students! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Hi!
I was accepted for dall 2018 and I was wondering when classes typically begin

Congrats to anyone accepted to Columbia! I'm a first year student there now and love it. Really great program and the faculty are outstanding. We have about 53 people in our class vs NYU has over 100 I believe so we get a lot of individual time with our professors. We do spend our first year focusing on mental health, but it is very applicable no matter what field you want to go in to!

I was wait listed originally and was accepted early May, so don't lose faith! I sent in a letter after I was wait listed to Dr. Faulk-Kessler stating why I wanted to go to Columbia and that I would accept if offered a position. I cannot say whether or not this helped me get accepted but I believe it did. I can't wait to meet all of the new OT students! Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I'm an NYU student and we have about 50 people in each class. If anyone has any questions let me know!