NYU Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At least you got something. I got nothing, and I'm in Albany, so anything sent on friday should have reached here by now. Now I'm spazzing that they only sent waitlist letters last week and rejections are going out next. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted, after i sent them a letter of intent.......+pissed+

For any of those waitlisted did you interview before or after the initial batch of notifications went out?

Welcome to the pity party!

waitlisted. Interviewed Dec 1st.

Nothing for me yet. The wait list letter will take a day or two to get out of NY, I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this waitlist must be HUGE!

BTW, anybody notice that the letter is dated friday the 13th? (or at least mine was.) How perfect.

Waitlist here too - interviewed early November.

It's starting to sound like they didn't send any acceptances out with this batch...

Looking back in past threads, it seems like NYU has a lot of waitlist movement, sometimes half the class comes from the waitlist.

Of course, there's a whooooole lot of us on the waitlist.

Originally posted by lyragrl
Wow, this waitlist must be HUGE!

BTW, anybody notice that the letter is dated friday the 13th? (or at least mine was.) How perfect.

at least the Dean signed it.

Very odd - it looks like they haven't sent out any acceptances.

Originally posted by MabdulD
It's starting to sound like they didn't send any acceptances out with this batch...

I love how they made us wait this long to hear about it. Should've told us forever ago.

Anyone else hear anything? I'm still waiting.

Waitlisted. It's looking like NYU just waitlists everyone who interviews. Has anyone heard of any post-interview rejections?

Originally posted by afulldog
Anyone else hear anything? I'm still waiting.

How far from New York do you live? Mail may take a while to get to the West Coast for example.

Originally posted by edik
How far from New York do you live? Mail may take a while to get to the West Coast for example.

I'm in Boston, so I don't think it should take that long. I interviewed pretty recently, though.

I'm in Boston, so I don't think it should take that long. I interviewed pretty recently, though.

I live in NJ, and also haven't received a letter yet ... hmm ....

Did anyone get any details about the waitlist? Any suggestions on how to get off the NYU waitlist? I tried to search through old threads, but I got nothing new, except that people may get accepted well into the summer.

I live in Boston too... Interviewed pretty early - Dec 1st. Heard yesterday.
A recent interview may definitely have been the cause of the delay for you.

I too am on the waitlist bandwagon, despite what I thought was a spectacular interview. Now that I have 5 waitlists and no acceptances, any advice on how to get off of NYU's? Their letter requires a written letter to reserve a spot on the waitlist- any suggestions on how formal this letter should be and whether it should include an update on my life..?

I don't get it. What's up with NYU?
Were all the Feb 15th letters waitlists?

Does anyone know whether NYU waitlisted this many people last year as well?
I don't know whether this is relevant, but I'll share it anyway. When I interviewed at Tufts a couple of weeks ago, Dean of Admissions gave us some info on recent changes in the admission process of many schools.
Basically, a couple of years ago, several schools overaccepted their classes by a decent amount. There was a large stink at AAMC because of that -- they threatened to pull schools' accreditations if it happens again. So now schools are much more careful in giving out acceptances.
If before schools would accept something like twice their class size initially and hope that most of the acceptees reject them, now they give out a more conservative amount of acceptances. This would explain large waitlists.
Take it at what it's worth. I don't know whether NYU changed their policies at all due to that situation.
Any thoughts?

Hey, my permanent address is in Indiana and still nothing in the mail. Anyone else still havent received anything?

Originally posted by tonyjerry
Hey, my permanent address is in Indiana and still nothing in the mail. Anyone else still havent received anything?

Yeah ... my mailing address is in New Jersey.

Hmmm...maybe you two are on the Double Secret Waitlist.

Originally posted by edik
Does anyone know whether NYU waitlisted this many people last year as well?
I don't know whether this is relevant, but I'll share it anyway. When I interviewed at Tufts a couple of weeks ago, Dean of Admissions gave us some info on recent changes in the admission process of many schools.
Basically, a couple of years ago, several schools overaccepted their classes by a decent amount. There was a large stink at AAMC because of that -- they threatened to pull schools' accreditations if it happens again. So now schools are much more careful in giving out acceptances.
If before schools would accept something like twice their class size initially and hope that most of the acceptees reject them, now they give out a more conservative amount of acceptances. This would explain large waitlists.
Take it at what it's worth. I don't know whether NYU changed their policies at all due to that situation.
Any thoughts?

I thought LCME did accredidation, no? LCME=AAMC?

Originally posted by BigRedPingpong
I thought LCME did accredidation, no? LCME=AAMC?

I am not sure on the acronyms. The point remains the same however.

count me in for the much-expected waitlist... mine was post-marked for valentine's day... I feel the love :love:

Ooh, add me to the apparently huge waitlist (interviewed early January).

anyone interested in storming NYU and demanding to know why the only thing they sent out on their decision date was wait-lists?

Originally posted by Rendar5
anyone interested in storming NYU and demanding to know why the only thing they sent out on their decision date was wait-lists?

Preferably with pitchforks and torches.

JK.

I don't have that, but I can lend my swiffer to the cause!

Wow, no rejections, no acceptances, this waitlist must be long! Does anyone know whether it is still rolling?

There have been lots of acceptances, but they came before the 2/13 batch, it seems. But yes, it appears that they don't reject many interviewees.

bad news guys. i got my rejection letter from them today:(

oh well. still waiting on mt. sinai

still waiting. interviewed late january.

sounds like you me and brownie all interviewed late january so i guess thats the delay

I just called NYU and they told me I was accepted. I interviewed on 1/30. Hope this helps.