Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NYU-extra info

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Milhouse Van Houten, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

NYU gives you the option to attach any additional info. since i have already written a CRUD LOAD of essays, i feel that three are especially unique and give a very clear picture of me. it asks for one essay "key motivational factors for applying to med school" + whatever other info you would like to add. i want to include my personal statement, an altered version of my practice vision essay, and my autobiography from the vanderbilt secondary. is this overkill? again, i am only considering this because i think the essays are all unique and important in evaluating me. thank you.

2. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi petros. in my opinion, the NYU application is great b/c you can add additional info. i believe the application is your one time to shine, so don't leave anything out that you would at a later date regret not having sent in. Although I did not send in three essays, I had significant post-college experiences that I wrote about and included an in-depth cv. I'm not sure that it will matter, but I don't want them to evaluate me without knowing all of my strengths. hope this helps. good luck.