NYU Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TakenX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in search of roommate and rooms to share with by August 1st. Please let me know if you are interest? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Check craigslist

Or airbnb

These two sites move nyc rentals

(clears throat)
I don't know you and no
I don't owe you rent
I'm not Mr. N'Sync, I'm not what your friends think
I'm not Mr. Friendly, I can be a bad roommate
If you tempt me my tank is on empty
No patience is in me and if you offend me
I'm liftin' you 10 feet in the air through the apartment ceiling
I don't care who is there and who saw me, especially the big bad teddy bear @tooth knockn
Go call you a lawyer, file you a lawsuit
I'll smile in the courtroom and buy you some first year textbooks and some loupes
I'm tired of all you
I don't mean to be mean but that's all I can be is just me
-Sincerely the way I am

But I wouldnt trust a roommate, there are so many weirdos out there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Omg

Op

Is like wah?

Reactions: 2 users
I guess, I'll take it as a warning, but then again so is looking for roommate on Craiglist/airbnb...sigh* Moving to NYC sux

I guess, I'll take it as a warning, but then again so is looking for roommate on Craiglist/airbnb...sigh* Moving to NYC sux

If you won't do Craig's or airbnb....

Then go to NYU, Columbia, Hunter college, and any other college that is near your apartment, if you are already there..... And post up signs....

Or you can do the opposite.... Look for who is looking for a roommate and you join them.....

Post in your class's Facebook group. There's plenty of people on there looking for an apartment. If you don't have Facebook, I strongly suggest you get it, because we have a culture of sharing valuable resources and information within our class Facebook groups.

Reactions: 1 users
Post in your class's Facebook group. There's plenty of people on there looking for an apartment. If you don't have Facebook, I strongly suggest you get it, because we have a culture of sharing valuable resources and information within our class Facebook groups.
Really? Because I deactivated my facebook -_- aww man AWWWWWWW MAN!

Thanks everyone for trying to help! Appreciated all the advices here.

Thanks everyone for trying to help! Appreciated all the advices here.
You are welcome!

If you can provide info about NYU please do there is a

"AMA thread for NYU"
Ask
Me
Anything

(clears throat)
I don't know you and no
I don't owe you rent
I'm not Mr. N'Sync, I'm not what your friends think
I'm not Mr. Friendly, I can be a bad roommate
If you tempt me my tank is on empty
No patience is in me and if you offend me
I'm liftin' you 10 feet in the air through the apartment ceiling
I don't care who is there and who saw me, especially the big bad teddy bear @tooth knockn
Go call you a lawyer, file you a lawsuit
I'll smile in the courtroom and buy you some first year textbooks and some loupes
I'm tired of all you
I don't mean to be mean but that's all I can be is just me
-Sincerely the way I am

But I wouldnt trust a roommate, there are so many weirdos out there.
Go take your DAT.

Reactions: 1 users
In answer to the original posters question, go to NYU.edu and search "off campus". click on the first result. there are lots of resources available on that site. unless things have changed drastically, NYU doesn't offer housing to any dent students :( I guess you get what you pay for... wait... huh? I think once you have an NYU login you can use their off-campus housing registry. that worked well for me.

most people end up living in Kips Bay, Stuy Town or Waterside plaza.

who am I? Hi there, I am a recent graduate of NYU college of Dentistry (class 0f '15). I've been living in Stuy town all four years and am now doing a residency in the bronx, but continue to live in stuy because it is convenient and affordable (relatively of course) and generally a nice place to live. originally I said I'd only stay for a year and then move to brooklyn. I'm happy I stayed.

Stuy Town has a referral reward system where current and incoming tenants can each receive $500 for referring and being referred to their lovely living quarters. if you are moving in and would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please let us help each other. [email protected]

we've converted a 2 bedroom to 3 bdrm and it has worked out quite nicely for all four years. I initially wanted to go to waterside because there website made the it look fancier. after four years of seeing both I can say that they are basically the same inside in terms of space. Waterside tends to accumulate more NYUCD kids because something about international students have to jump through less hoops to sign a lease (in stuy town a co-signer has to be american if I remember correctly... that was four years ago though).
Stuy is nice because it's closer to the city and not isolated on the east side of the FDR (like waterside plaza)- that is the main complaint I hear from all of my friends that stay there. Trust me: if you are new to the city or even if you're not - staying close to school is a huge advantage. Studying on the trains is not realistic. easily over half the people I know that lived in queens or brooklyn the first year, had to move closer by the second year (almost all were out-of-towners though). The first year is intense no matter if you're coming in with a 4.0 or a 3.0GPA, but you can do it!

Stuy looks much nicer then their website shows (and it looks pretty nice from their website). In the news, there are lots of press items about mid-lease rent increases. this concerns people that have been here for 20+ years that are on a low rent stabilized rate (like half of what you and me pay in some cases). stuy town management wants to kick these people out by raising their rates. for you and me and anyone that's moved in recently, there's no issue.

so if you are interested in stuy town please let me know and we can hook each other up with $500 (i can only do it once so be the first to contact me!). [email protected] .congrats on getting in!

PS I'm really busy at the moment, please only email if you are interested in stuy and want to do the referral reward. Thank you!

PS: you will look back on the DAT's in a year and wondered why you were stressing over that little amount material lol! wait for the Part I/II Boards!

Last edited:
^ Alternatively, if you decide to do Waterside, PM me and I'll split the 1k referral with you 50/50. ;)

In answer to the original posters question, go to NYU.edu and search "off campus". click on the first result. there are lots of resources available on that site. unless things have changed drastically, NYU doesn't offer housing to any dent students :( I guess you get what you pay for... wait... huh? I think once you have an NYU login you can use their off-campus housing registry. that worked well for me.

who am I? Hi there, I am a recent graduate of NYU college of Dentistry (class 0f '15). I've been living in Stuy town all four years and am now doing a residency in the bronx, but continue to live in stuy because it is convenient and affordable (relatively of course) and generally a nice place to live. originally I said I'd only stay for a year and then move to brooklyn. I'm happy I stayed.

Stuy Town has a referral reward system where current and incoming tenants can each receive $500 for referring and being referred to their lovely living quarters. if you are moving in and would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please let us help each other. [email protected]

we've converted a 2 bedroom to 3 bdrm and it has worked out quite nicely for all four years. I initially wanted to go to waterside because there website made the it look fancier. after four years of seeing both I can say that they are basically the same inside in terms of space. Waterside tends to accumulate more NYUCD kids because something about international students have to jump through less hoops to sign a lease (in stuy town a co-signer has to be american if I remember correctly... that was four years ago though).
Stuy is nice because it's closer to the city and not isolated on the east side of the FDR (like waterside plaza)- that is the main complaint I hear from all of my friends that stay there. Trust me: if you are new to the city or even if you're not - staying close to school is a huge advantage. Studying on the trains is not realistic. easily over half the people I know that lived in queens or brooklyn the first year, had to move closer by the second year (almost all were out-of-towners though). The first year is intense no matter if you're coming in with a 4.0 or a 3.0GPA, but you can do it!

Stuy looks much nicer then their website shows (and it looks pretty nice from their website). In the news, there are lots of press items about mid-lease rent increases. this concerns people that have been here for 20+ years that are on a low rent stabilized rate (like half of what you and me pay in some cases). stuy town management wants to kick these people out by raising their rates. for you and me and anyone that's moved in recently, there's no issue.

so if you are interested in stuy town please let me know and we can hook each other up with $500 (i can only do it once so be the first to contact me!). [email protected] .congrats on getting in!

PS I'm really busy at the moment, please only email if you are interested in stuy and want to do the referral reward. Thank you!

PS: you will look back on the DAT's in a year and wondered why you were stressing over that little amount material lol! wait for the Part I/II Boards!
Bump!

Still house hunting through a computer -_-

Where should I look for if I want to shop around for Stuy town?

Just got accepted and I plan to move in around june/july so I can settle in

also if you are still living in stuy town when I move in I would like to use that referral program as well.

Where should I look for if I want to shop around for Stuy town?

Just got accepted and I plan to move in around june/july so I can settle in

also if you are still living in stuy town when I move in I would like to use that referral program as well.

They have an office on 1st Avenue & also a website. DO NOT USE A BROKER. If you rent directly from Stuy, you will be charged NO broker's fee. Lots of NYC brokers try to trick you and make you sign a lease for Stuytown and charge you a 15% brokers fee, which ends up being thousands.

Stuytown is also expensive and you can find cheaper alternatives if you look hard enough. Just FYI.

Reactions: 1 user
They have an office on 1st Avenue & also a website. DO NOT USE A BROKER. If you rent directly from Stuy, you will be charged NO broker's fee. Lots of NYC brokers try to trick you and make you sign a lease for Stuytown and charge you a 15% brokers fee, which ends up being thousands.

Stuytown is also expensive and you can find cheaper alternatives if you look hard enough. Just FYI.

Wow.. I didn't know that..

Thanks for the advice!!