You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NYU Interview
Started by nimsandy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Merging ...
congrats for your interview call from NYU. Did you apply to Boston university or not? I think you have good chance in BU also because they are inviting NBDE 87 for the interview.Thanks inddoc, my stats are
NDBE- 89 (new pattern)
GPA - 3.64
TOEFL- 112
I applied in september.
Hello guys, come forward and put the tension down. Please do post the interview call from NYUCD, no updates, which is mounting tension in everybody. Thanks.
my friend got an email from nyu for interview.he has NBDE Part 1 one score of 87.
he got an email on 4th of this monthmy friend got an email from nyu for interview.he has NBDE Part 1 one score of 87.
Your Stats?he got an email on 4th of this month
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anybody from the last years waitlist applicant getting any response from NYU. Actually i went to the NYU yesterday, they said it does not matter whether you are a wait listed applicant, they consider it as a fresh candidate and they have to go through the same process, i mean interview if invited. I think this is ridicules because if anybody got interviewed last year should not be interviewd for the next year. I think Boston university makes it pretty clear in the website that if anybody got interviewd in the previous year will not be invited for the interview and directly will get the response regarding their application. I was also waitlisted last year by NYU and got nothing till today.
i guess a lot of applicants got an interview call from NYU but only 2-3 persons told abt that here.probbaly many students r not familiar abt or use SDN thats why not telling this............
i guess a lot of applicants got an interview call from NYU but only 2-3 persons told abt that here.probbaly many students r not familiar abt or use SDN thats why not telling this............
i can ditto to this , i guess .... and i am speaking from sheer gut without any actual proof !!

my best of wishes to all who got the elite interview call!!! and good luck to hose who r expecting!!!👍👍
my best of wishes to all who got the elite interview call!!! and good luck to hose who r expecting!!!👍👍
fido.. it mite come a lot handy !
hi everybody,
i got the interview call from nyu on 12th.My stats are
NBDE-1 new 90
GPA-3.68
Toefl-105
congrats on ur interview call .... when is ur interview ....on 22 jan
thanks a lot for posting ur stats
hi everybody,
i got the interview call from nyu on 12th.My stats are
NBDE-1 new 90
GPA-3.68
Toefl-105
it seems to me that 84-87 part 1 score applicants will be called in feb and march interviews.. another 2 months waiting ....🙁🙁🙁
i
naaah my friend with 85 old pattern in part 1 a reapplicant was called in dec 🙂
so its just ones luck.

it seems to me that 84-87 part 1 score applicants will be called in feb and march interviews.. another 2 months waiting ....🙁🙁🙁
naaah my friend with 85 old pattern in part 1 a reapplicant was called in dec 🙂
so its just ones luck.

hi kk007............congrat's on ur interview call.....hi everybody,
i got the interview call from nyu on 12th.My stats are
NBDE-1 new 90
GPA-3.68
Toefl-105
well, I think people who r getting an interview should also post along with their stats, their status as if they have been accepted by any other school.
This will help a lot for others who are waiting.....& I think that most of people from 88-90 getting an interview have been accepted by other schools.
it seems to me that 84-87 part 1 score applicants will be called in feb and march interviews.. another 2 months waiting ....🙁🙁🙁
hey akg is there any specific reason to say that ppl with 84-87 will get call at later stages?? wat bout ppl with scores of 82 or 83?? plz put in ur thoughts wat made u write 84 as cut off.....................n plz take my notes in positive spirit🙂
yep....I'm with gd55, even I would be thankful to akg if I get to know the reason. I'm not meanin to be rude, its my humble request too, b'coz I'm expectin a call from NYUCD too. Plz shed some light on it.
hi docnew york 08,hi kk007............congrat's on ur interview call.....
well, I think people who r getting an interview should also post along with their stats, their status as if they have been accepted by any other school.
This will help a lot for others who are waiting.....& I think that most of people from 88-90 getting an interview have been accepted by other schools.
i do't know about others but yes i m accepted at UCSF so i m not going for the interview at nyu.I hope it helps.Good luck to those waiting.
hey akg is there any specific reason to say that ppl with 84-87 will get call at later stages?? wat bout ppl with scores of 82 or 83?? plz put in ur thoughts wat made u write 84 as cut off.....................n plz take my notes in positive spirit🙂
come on guys..don't take it too serious....
anyway, the information i have about NYU admisisons from a friend of mine in dental year 4 at NYUCD told me that they usually call 89 and above in the initial batches, and consider applicants in higher 80's followed by lower 80'S. we never know they might even call with lower 80's initially its upto their discretion. I think you guys have taken it a bit intense..
i'm just sharing the information i keep geting from my friends and sdn members...
hope this helps..
I just called nyu ,ask about my application and they said that is under review together with other applications and my part 1 is 82 hope this help,they are reviewing applications at this time ,so dont worry ,all of are gonna be called at a later time .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ditto.I called NYU last week and they said my application was being reviewed and that on an average they are considering part 1 82 as a competitive score.my part 1 score's 83I just called nyu ,ask about my application and they said that is under review together with other applications and my part 1 is 82 hope this help,they are reviewing applications at this time ,so dont worry ,all of are gonna be called at a later time .
I just called nyu ,ask about my application and they said that is under review together with other applications and my part 1 is 82 hope this help,they are reviewing applications at this time ,so dont worry ,all of are gonna be called at a later time .
Hi there ,
I am just wondering if u can help me out my score is 87 and gpa is 3.08
toefl is 98 and i applied in september so can i hope for interview call as i rejected from every school i applied!
plz reply me
thx

i am also in the same situation.my score 88, gpa 3.12 and toefl 99 applied in august, waiting to hear from nyuHi there ,
I am just wondering if u can help me out my score is 87 and gpa is 3.08
toefl is 98 and i applied in september so can i hope for interview call as i rejected from every school i applied!
plz reply me
thx![]()
hello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
yep....I'm with gd55, even I would be thankful to akg if I get to know the reason. I'm not meanin to be rude, its my humble request too, b'coz I'm expectin a call from NYUCD too. Plz shed some light on it.
so the bells are ringing, may be its your number next...
best wishes
hi marlboro27.congrats for interview call.ur nbde part 1 is 82 and u got the call.that is very good for other people who is waiting.mine score is 85 and applied in dec.....what r my chances for int. call...again congrats to uhello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
When did u apply?'coz I applied in Oct.hello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
hello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
hi! congrats on ur call.............cud u plz mention all ur stats ....like when did u apply , work exp, toefl score etc............plz
hi folks,
I wud like to thank akg for the detailed reply. Good luck Marlboro for the interview! My stats is Part1 83 and I can vaguely figure out something from that! I applied in December, plz post your views on my applcn guys! Thanks.
I wud like to thank akg for the detailed reply. Good luck Marlboro for the interview! My stats is Part1 83 and I can vaguely figure out something from that! I applied in December, plz post your views on my applcn guys! Thanks.
hello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
hi malboro
when is ur interview scheduled ........... are they still calling for jan 22 interviw ....
thanks
Hi friends,I got a call for NYU
my stats are
part 1 -89 (new)
part 2 -82 (score not been sent though)
GPA - 3.12 (ece)
Toefl - 250
work exp - 6 months (india) none in US
Applied - august 07
Application confirmation - never
Interview - 17th jan
I think I have included everything,still fell free to ask if anyone has any doubt...
my stats are
part 1 -89 (new)
part 2 -82 (score not been sent though)
GPA - 3.12 (ece)
Toefl - 250
work exp - 6 months (india) none in US
Applied - august 07
Application confirmation - never
Interview - 17th jan
I think I have included everything,still fell free to ask if anyone has any doubt...
congrats n your call from nyu...please can you post if you had any other experience in home country r here???just wanted 2 know where i stand because havent heard from nyu yet!!!hello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
so what i can figure out mostly from the posts here is that NYU is calling in accordance with application time ...... and also if u hav some extar ordinary thing in ur application.
so people who applied in sep r getting interview call right now ..... so slowly and slowly they r progressing to oct and nov.......
so people who applied in sep r getting interview call right now ..... so slowly and slowly they r progressing to oct and nov.......
hey anybody hav some idea how many student they interview in total and how many seats they have ......
last yr they were also interviewing the 4yr dds student along with the international graduate ...( it happened with our batch, dont know about other batches)
last yr they were also interviewing the 4yr dds student along with the international graduate ...( it happened with our batch, dont know about other batches)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello again guys remember that I just called todayand they said my application was under review ,latest news ,I got a phone call right now from them scheduling my interview for tomorrow at 8 am ,I am very happy ,my stats is above and I did apply early october.I called them again to clarify something and the lady told me that I am going to receive an email shortly today that she is in the process of sending this batch interviews
Hey marlboro27,
Can u let me know what ur GPA was, what u scored on part I n if u've taken part II already, if you had any experience after graduatingl. I'm asking u all of this coz I just want to know who NYU considers a candidate worthy of an interview...do reply to this msg or PM me. I plan on applying to NYU only for enrollment in fall 2009. I really hope u do great on ur interview n that u get in.
i am surprised that u didnt get an interview call yet.As far as i know out of persons who got interview call only one has score above than 88.what r ur full stats??from where r u?when did u apply?i am sure u will get interview call.mine score is 85 and i applied in dec....i am hoping to get an call..u will certainly get call..Did anybody with part1 score 88 got interview calls? if got please share your status