NYU or risk a shot at FPU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abynormal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was recently accepted into the NYU DPT program (taken off the waitlist), and am excited. The program starts in June. I have 10 days to make a decision.

I am nervous about the cost of living associated with attending NYU, and am on the waitlist for Franklin Pierce in AZ which would have a much lower cost of living.

I am still on the waitlist for Franklin Pierce AZ and am nervous if I decline NYU and not get into FPU, did I just shoot myself in the foot. FPU starts in August so there is still plenty of time to potentially get an offer.

Any thoughts to help make the decision?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on getting into NYU! That's a hard decision to make. Something to consider besides cost of living: if you do not accept NYU's offer, you may want to start preparing for the next application cycle soon in case you don't get off FPU's waitlist.

I think you should go wherever will get you into the game fastest, if you start at NYU this year, that's on extra year of making a PT salary, instead of taking a chance and having to reapply again...you obviously applied to NYU for a reason, and you got in, so why not. It's a great program, I'm sure with roommates you could find a place for $700-1000 a month.. Also you could always live in NJ and commute or something. I say go for it.