NYU or USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are a good guy. I like your thinking :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Brocnizer2007 said:
The key to doing good in school is happiness. Living in 500 sq ft is not happiness to me...living in 1200 sq ft with a BBQ in the back yard and biking through near by trails is happiness to me!

That's funny Brocnizer, I can't wait to leave my 1400+ sq. ft. townhouse for my <500 sq. ft. studio. I hate the excess space - it's not fun for me to clean all the rooms and do you know how easy it is to accumulate junk when you have so much space? I will be much happier with less space to deal with - less housechores for me!

speter33 said:
Great post, thanks for the advice. I'm just curious as to what you are winning here. You can get a studio right next to the school for $1400. Yes, you lose a room, but you have no commute. I'm guessing you are planning on finding a roommate to split the 1600$ rent?

1400 for a studio is not a very nice studio. It'll be smaller than 500 square feet and most likely, a walk up building.

Members don't see this ad :)
Brocnizer2007 said:
Around national avg but they are trying to change this. They now have a few weeks of board review and we get all the Kaplan material for free. I think the DS2's this year are the first class and I will be the 2nd class to do this. So we will see how this goes.

sorry kinda new to the forum..whats ds2?

Brocnizer2007 said:
A studio is around 500 sq ft, near the size of a shoe box. I will not have a roommate because I am getting married soon. I wanted an extra room as an office area to study. Plus, living in NJ I get to have two cars and not pay $300 a month each to park them (like in the city). So if I want to go mountain biking or hiking up-state NY or even go for a weekend ski trip to Vermont, I will hop in my truck or car and go. What I am winning here is freedom to do what ever I want, not live in a tiny place and drive myself crazy, and live in a much nicer and calmer area.

The key to doing good in school is happiness. Living in 500 sq ft is not happiness to me...living in 1200 sq ft with a BBQ in the back yard and biking through near by trails is happiness to me!

If all you do is school you will be unhappy and burnout. You have to get out and enjoy life and school comes much easier.

so when will i be able to check out your place broc?

I guess putting a queen size bed in one of those studios isn't really going to work out.