NYU: ratio of interviewed to admitted? avg admitted gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgiadat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on NYU's number of interviews versus number of persons admitted?

Also, does anyone have information on the average gpa for persons admitted to NYU so far this year? Last year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

georgiadat said:
Does anyone have information on NYU's number of interviews versus number of persons admitted?

Also, does anyone have information on the average gpa for persons admitted to NYU so far this year? Last year?

Thanks!

on their website it says average gpa was 3.29 and average dats were 19 (academic average).

i am trying to call them now to find out what the hold-up is. my file has been complete since august 17th.
anyone know if they will tell you your status over the phone or do they just brush you off?

i am trying to call them now to find out what the hold-up is. my file has been complete since august 17th.
anyone know if they will tell you your status over the phone or do they just brush you off?[/QUOTE]

They didn't brush me off rudely, but they would not tell me my status--only that my file is completed and under review. I knew that alread and mine too has been completed since early August. But the lady did tell me that they run interviews well into March or April, so it's not over yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
svwtyf said:
anyone know if they will tell you your status over the phone or do they just brush you off?

They didn't brush me off rudely, but they would not tell me my status--only that my file is completed and under review. I knew that alread and mine too has been completed since early August. But the lady did tell me that they run interviews well into March or April, so it's not over yet.[/QUOTE]

does it say under review on aadsas? mine says nothing (like it says for a lot of the schools). what does that mean?

irishpint said:
They didn't brush me off rudely, but they would not tell me my status--only that my file is completed and under review. I knew that alread and mine too has been completed since early August. But the lady did tell me that they run interviews well into March or April, so it's not over yet.

does it say under review on aadsas? mine says nothing (like it says for a lot of the schools). what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

i dont think nyu uses infosource..or whatever they call it now. some schools don't update on aadsas at all. they just contact you directly.

Don't worry guys, they still haven't got back to me and I got a 26 on the DAT. My GPA was a bit below 3.0 but I can't believe they would reject many people with DATs above 20. Remember they still have a lot of seats to fill so be patient.

rajmahal2004 said:
Don't worry guys, they still haven't got back to me and I got a 26 on the DAT. My GPA was a bit below 3.0 but I can't believe they would reject many people with DATs above 20. Remember they still have a lot of seats to fill so be patient.

there's more to a file than a 26 DAT and yes...even NYU has applicants who are better balanced than 2.9GPA and a 26DAT. Nice scores by the way!

Now, if you had a 26 DAT and a 3.9 GPA, then it would be reassuring that you're still on hold but with a low GPA, it could easily mean that they looked at you and decided to put you on hold until other people dropped their acceptances!

Audio said:
there's more to a file than a 26 DAT and yes...even NYU has applicants who are better balanced than 2.9GPA and a 26DAT. Nice scores by the way!

Now, if you had a 26 DAT and a 3.9 GPA, then it would be reassuring that you're still on hold but with a low GPA, it could easily mean that they looked at you and decided to put you on hold until other people dropped their acceptances!

well guys, i just received my acceptance (without interview) yesterday (tuesday the 6th) so it just seems like they're very slow with this process. i'm sure you all will receive your acceptances soon :)

r0entgen said:
well guys, i just received my acceptance (without interview) yesterday (tuesday the 6th) so it just seems like they're very slow with this process. i'm sure you all will receive your acceptances soon :)

Congrats!!!! :clap:
Did you get an e-mail or a letter from NYU.
I am waiting too :sleep: .

I will not be going to NYU so one more spot will open up soon. Also, people who are waiting be patient and you will get your chance. last year my friend did not hear fom anyone untill april but he got accepted to NYU, and he appllied in July. Look at it this way. they will run out of people with High GPA and good dat scores soon so people with average stats will get chance.

r0entgen said:

email or snail mail? congrats :)

congrats, man! everyone on this forum deserves everything coming their way. enjoy it while it lasts. hell starts next august!! :smuggrin:

Gurl21 said:
email or snail mail? congrats :)

i received the email yesterday. it will be followed by a tangible acceptance letter via snail mail.

i won't be going to nyu by the way, so another spot is also opened up. good luck to everyone!

I also will not attend NYU, so my spot will eventually open up (too paranoid to give it up now though).

r0entgen said:

what were ur stats?

I received the e-mail on the 2nd and snail mail yesterday. I may or may not go depending if I get in any other school.

Hey r0entgen, what were your stats??

INFNITE said:
I received the e-mail on the 2nd and snail mail yesterday. I may or may not go depending if I get in any other school.

what were ur stats?

3.32 overall
3.30 science
22AA 24TS 22PA

svwtyf said:
Hey r0entgen, what were your stats??

sorry, didn't check this thread in a while.

cum gpa 3.93, sci gpa 3.89, 22aa/19ts/15pat.

INFNITE said:
3.32 overall
3.30 science
22AA 24TS 22PA

keep us updated with the status of stony and columbia best of luck =)

r0entgen said:
i received the email yesterday. it will be followed by a tangible acceptance letter via snail mail.

i won't be going to nyu by the way, so another spot is also opened up. good luck to everyone!

I have been accepted to NYU, and I will not be attending either.