NYU School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

austinlabrat

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts about the Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences at NYU med school? I just got an interview there, and wanted to know if anyone had some first-hand info. The program seems very strong, and the location (midtown Manhattan) isn't too shabby 🙂
 
Skirball at NYU is really well known and highly respected. They also have great facilities/location. I recently was at NYU for an MD interview, and since I am finishing up my PhD and want a part-time post-doc in med school they talked to me at length about the opportunities there. Apparently, the dean really wants to improve the US news rankings, and they are behind in the NIH funding area. Thus, they are making a huge push to get more research $$, which means bringing in more talent and resources. In all, I think it would be a fantastic place to do grad school. Of course, the biggest factor in grad school success is picking the right supervisor, regardless of the school. Good luck :Luck:

Treg

austinlabrat said:
Any thoughts about the Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences at NYU med school? I just got an interview there, and wanted to know if anyone had some first-hand info. The program seems very strong, and the location (midtown Manhattan) isn't too shabby 🙂