NYU tuition free

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why are you like this lol

I would not be terribly surprised if they had Kyrgyzstani yak herders or Paralympic gold medalists at Stanford.

Members don't see this ad.

What stats/ECs did you have? Of course you had 3.9+/523+, maybe from a big-name school...but what were your ECs like? Peace Corps or military service? First-author paper, maybe in a big journal like Nature/Science/Cell? Unusual life story...like daughter of Kyrgyzstani yak herders, or Chechen refugee, or Paralympic gold medalist?

A girl from my school (just a regular state school) got into NYU. She had a high GPA, unsure about her MCAT, had minimal research and your usual ECs (no gap year). She was URM tho. That was 2 years ago.

Would not be surprised if their average MCAT is over 522 this year. The people reporting accepts on the NYU thread so far have insane numbers.

Would not be surprised if their average MCAT is over 522 this year. The people reporting accepts on the NYU thread so far have insane numbers.
Agreed. I think they could get it to as high as 524; would be quite surprised if they got it to 525 or better. If they got a 526 median they'd be pretty much taking all the highest MCAT scorers in the nation - and @Goro and @LizzyM have both said that after some point between 520 and 523, additional MCAT points didn't really matter.