NYU vs. BU MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MPHApplicant902

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to both BU ( Community and Behavioral Sciences) and NYU ( Community and International Health.) I'm very interested in minority health disparities and chronic disease prevention
(HIV/ STD) in adolescent health.

I recently sat in on a course at BU and loved it. I will be sitting in on a course at NYU soon. Both schools gave me a merit scholarship, however BU gave me a little more $$.

Does anyone have any experience/ input about these two schools? Trying to decide between them is pretty tough :scared: as they both have good fieldwork connections and strong focus areas relevant to my interests.

Does anyone know why NYU isn't listed on the public health ranking list? Is it fully accredited like BU? :shrug:

Any advice or input would be appreciated! :thumbup:

Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info about the re-accreditation process for NYU. Do you know if NYU was accredited before? I'm assuming the re-accreditation process is something all schools must do after x amount of years have passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU is currently only a program of public health, not a full school. This is why they're not listed in the rankings.

Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been accepted to NYU (Community and International Health) and BU (International Health) and am trying to decide between the two! I know they're both good schools, but am wondering whether one is better than the other for International Health. Does anyone have any advice/experience with the schools and the internship/career opportunities they offer? Any insight would be helpful!

Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been accepted to NYU (Community and International Health) and BU (International Health) and am trying to decide between the two! I know they're both good schools, but am wondering whether one is better than the other for International Health. Does anyone have any advice/experience with the schools and the internship/career opportunities they offer? Any insight would be helpful!

I am also in the same exact boat (BU IH vs. NYU CIH). How do they compare in terms of tuition and expenses? Seems like BU tuition is ridiculously high (20K/semester) ....

Comments on career and internship opportunities, anyone???

Hi All;

I also have been accepted in both BU (IH) and NYU (ICH) and I'm having such a hard time choosing! they are both in great cities. Any one have any opinions/thoughts?? Thanks!