NYU vs UNE (New England)

Started by Dr. Fele
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Fele

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

School 1: NYU​

  • Private
Pros
  • Strong reputation
  • Well-known internationally
Cons
  • Very high cost (approximately $130K more in total cost with interest)
  • $5,000 deposit upfront
  • Less supportive admissions system

School 2: UNE​

  • Private
Pros
  • More affordable (total cost with interest is about $130K less)
  • $500 initial deposit (additional deposits due in late spring)
Cons
  • Less well-known
  • Lower reputation/ranking
  • Degree may not be recognized in some countries
I’m considering the possibility of switching schools later this cycle if I get into UPenn or UCLA. Given these factors, which school would be the better choice?

Poll:
  • NYU
  • UNE
  • Wait for other schools
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
 
agreed
UNE is better and cheaper...

School 1: NYU​

  • Private
Pros
  • Strong reputation
  • Well-known internationally
Cons
  • Very high cost (approximately $130K more in total cost with interest)
  • $5,000 deposit upfront
  • Less supportive admissions system

School 2: UNE​

  • Private
Pros
  • More affordable (total cost with interest is about $130K less)
  • $500 initial deposit (additional deposits due in late spring)
Cons
  • Less well-known
  • Lower reputation/ranking
  • Degree may not be recognized in some countries
I’m considering the possibility of switching schools later this cycle if I get into UPenn or UCLA. Given these factors, which school would be the better choice?

Poll:
  • NYU
  • UNE
  • Wait for other schools
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why would UNE degree not be recognized internationally?
it's still a US dental degree...

DO NOT wait for other schools- put at least one deposit down
what if you don't get any others?

School 1: NYU​

  • Private
Pros
  • Strong reputation
  • Well-known internationally
Cons
  • Very high cost (approximately $130K more in total cost with interest)
  • $5,000 deposit upfront
  • Less supportive admissions system

School 2: UNE​

  • Private
Pros
  • More affordable (total cost with interest is about $130K less)
  • $500 initial deposit (additional deposits due in late spring)
Cons
  • Less well-known
  • Lower reputation/ranking
  • Degree may not be recognized in some countries
I’m considering the possibility of switching schools later this cycle if I get into UPenn or UCLA. Given these factors, which school would be the better choice?

Poll:
  • NYU
  • UNE
  • Wait for other schools
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
 
why would UNE degree not be recognized internationally?
it's still a US dental degree...

DO NOT wait for other schools- put at least one deposit down
what if you don't get any others?
I thought the same exact thing when I read that, the degree is the same exact as long as it's in the USA doesn't matter what school you go to
 
why would UNE degree not be recognized internationally?
it's still a US dental degree...

DO NOT wait for other schools- put at least one deposit down
what if you don't get any others?
I don't know probably because UNE is built in 2013 and it's considered new. Touro and Roseman has the same issue, they're both created in 2000s as well.
You're right, I should just put a deposit. 🙁But for which one?
 
UNE…nyu doesn’t have a great reputation among dentists. Most dentists see it as the most expensive school that accepts hundreds of people each year.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.