NYU vs. UNE (W) vs. UB (IS-W)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alaskan _Polarbear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted at NYU and waitlisted at UNE and Buffalo.

I am a NY resident and would be living at home if I attend NYU. Because of that all 3 dental schools will cost roughly the same.

Should I wait out on UNE and UB or just place my deposit at NYU and call it a day ? I don't want to place a $5000 deposit only to not attend NYU.

I was wondering if any students who attend or those who have already accepted a position at any of the schools could give me your reasons for attending/not attending

Members don't see this ad.

NYU and buffalo will not cost roughly the same even if you’re living at home while attending NYU. Cost of living in buffalo is very cheap and tuition is less than half of NYU’s

Reactions: 1 users
NYU and buffalo will not cost roughly the same even if you’re living at home while attending NYU. Cost of living in buffalo is very cheap and tuition is less than half of NYU’s

Buffalo's website has an estimated COA for in-state students of around 80k/yr. Not sure how they calculated that but I think OP went based off of that.

Buffalo's website has an estimated COA for in-state students of around 80k/yr. Not sure how they calculated that but I think OP went based off of that.

Add the cost of a car, living expensive, insurance, and all other cost will make at least for me the 3 schools roughly the same

NYU I believe will still be expensive but because all 3 schools end up near each other in price Im not considering price a factor

Members don't see this ad :)
Add the cost of a car, living expensive, insurance, and all other cost will make at least for me the 3 schools roughly the same

NYU I believe will still be expensive but because all 3 schools end up near each other in price Im not considering price a factor

I would pay the deposit for NYU for now. That's a given. NYU definitely has the best clinical experience of the 3.
Not really sure what you're looking for in a school though. What is your priority?

It's not just about the tuition. SUNY tend to run higher in fees not counted in tuition.

Adding cost of living and others to the mix, they will be similar to NYU cost of attendance minus the rent.

Reactions: 1 user