NYU vs. Western University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeable

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into both and was wondering what all you SDN'ers think of the two schools. I am a CA resident. I need help deciding! Let's hear it! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got into both and was wondering what all you SDN'ers think of the two schools. I am a CA resident. I need help deciding! Let's hear it! :)

nyu!

new york is awesome and its school is well known!
western is in pomona :( and its school isnt built/known yet... might even have problems in the begining

just my opinion... did u get a letter from both yet?

yup yup.

i got my letter from both this week :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you a CA resident, you should go to Western to save as much money as possible. The tuition is also cheaper. The only thing that scares me about Western is that their building is delayed and wont be finished until December of 2009 at the earliest. Also as a new class/school they will try new things etc. that could be good/bad etc. NYU on the otherhand is already established and you pretty much can anticipate what happens your 4 years just by talking to upper-classmen.

Western is also in more of a suburban area so depending on your lifestyle you should factor that into your consideration as well. Regardless you'll eventually get your DMD or DDS

NYU hands down my friend.. im from CA too and even though Western is a cool school, it's not even accredited yet so you are honestly taking a big risk and the school offers no specialty positions yet if u decide to advance in ur degree. Getting out of Cali for a bit isnt so bad.. =)

NYU for me too. I did not apply to Western because it is not accredited yet and I am sure as a new dental school it will have many changes on its curriculum.