Nyu Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do anyone has an idea that what are the chances of acceptance next year if nyu waiting list not cleared this year. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

fateh said:
do anyone has an idea that what are the chances of acceptance next year if nyu waiting list not cleared this year. :confused:
hi fateh how r u i didnt get any letter yet hope for good plan to call nyu on monday man this time its hard to get into anywhere i think i m the only one who didnt get letter in our 24 th march batch

Members don't see this ad :)
gujjudent said:
hi fateh how r u i didnt get any letter yet hope for good plan to call nyu on monday man this time its hard to get into anywhere i think i m the only one who didnt get letter in our 24 th march batch

hi gujjudent
do u think everyone got letter.i don't have any hopes from wait list.do u know anyone who got accepted in our batch.?
do let me know what nyu said.

All those starting school this year,please read and reply to the "Universal 2007 Acceptance Thread" started by yours truly.

Thanks

I got 'waitlist' letter today

rahmed

My Interview was on March 31st. Scores 86/3.2/233

steffi said:
My Interview was on March 31st. Scores 86/3.2/233
Steffi,

When did you apply and did you hear any correspondence after your interview?

hey all guys waitlisted
do u think we have any hope of getting in this year in nyu.
any feedback from last year??????????? :confused:

Waiting... Waiting... Waiting....
I cannot read a good comic book or a Novel twice and I might have to read the Part 1 Decks again.
Just thinking about it is giving me the creeps. Has anyone who was put on a waitlist after Feb 24, been accepted?

Someone who was interviewed recently with score of 90 was placed on waiting list last week and I understand admission committee (desperately) hoping to move waitlist as someone with 93 is on the hold (he will in all lilelihood get the first seat that becomes vacant). Well guys you can figure out for yourselves how frozen the waitlist is. My best guess is it's not going to move very much as this being the last dental school (I know Stony Brook is out there but so far they have little clue about this years admission) to offer acceptance I don't think very many people will let go the offer in this intensely competitive year.

It's time to take stock of the situation (oh how much I hated to use this cliche). I know it is difficult to face the reality (that includes me) but sooner or later we have to wake up and prepare for the 2006 admission cycle....sooner the better. At least I started. And by asking each other how waitlist is moving we are trying to escape reality (sorry sounds little strong). I doubt if the NYU admission committee has a clear perspective about this.

In UK I learnt a a common saying for this kind of stalemate situation "Pick it up, Brush it off and Start life all over again". Easier said than done (I know, I know!). But I believe in this Mantra and it helped me in the past.

So my dear SDNers lets gather our resources and hit hard that illusive door to a bright future......Advanced Standing DDS/DMD program.

On a lighter note, yesterday evening I went to "Ghulam Ali - Talat Aziz Live in concert...Sada-E-Ghazal", near Richmond, VA. It started at 8-45 pm and got over around 1-15 am. It was nearly an outer world experience! If you love Ghazal then try not to miss it. Tonight they are in NJ.

Good luck to all of us.

rahmed

Disclaimer: This is my personal informations, opinions and thoughts.

very nice buddy :thumbup:

well u know the sitation now!thinking about studying again,,,,,,,,,,,itz a nightmare man!!well all i can suggest is forget reading comics & get back 2 ur books!dont waste time!
AjayDas said:
Waiting... Waiting... Waiting....
I cannot read a good comic book or a Novel twice and I might have to read the Part 1 Decks again.
Just thinking about it is giving me the creeps. Has anyone who was put on a waitlist after Feb 24, been accepted?

well done!thanks4 sharing ur xperiences!
thanks 4 the ghazal info too!i wished ghulam ali had performed anywhere near dc!
rahmed said:
Someone who was interviewed recently with score of 90 was placed on waiting list last week and I understand admission committee (desperately) hoping to move waitlist as someone with 93 is on the hold (he will in all lilelihood get the first seat that becomes vacant). Well guys you can figure out for yourselves how frozen the waitlist is. My best guess is it's not going to move very much as this being the last dental school (I know Stony Brook is out there but so far they have little clue about this years admission) to offer acceptance I don't think very many people will let go the offer in this intensely competitive year.

It's time to take stock of the situation (oh how much I hated to use this cliche). I know it is difficult to face the reality (that includes me) but sooner or later we have to wake up and prepare for the 2006 admission cycle....sooner the better. At least I started. And by asking each other how waitlist is moving we are trying to escape reality (sorry sounds little strong). I doubt if the NYU admission committee has a clear perspective about this.

In UK I learnt a a common saying for this kind of stalemate situation "Pick it up, Brush it off and Start life all over again". Easier said than done (I know, I know!). But I believe in this Mantra and it helped me in the past.

So my dear SDNers lets gather our resources and hit hard that illusive door to a bright future......Advanced Standing DDS/DMD program.

On a lighter note, yesterday evening I went to "Ghulam Ali - Talat Aziz Live in concert...Sada-E-Ghazal", near Richmond, VA. It started at 8-45 pm and got over around 1-15 am. It was nearly an outer world experience! If you love Ghazal then try not to miss it. Tonight they are in NJ.

Good luck to all of us.

rahmed

Disclaimer: This is my personal informations, opinions and thoughts.

Yeah rahmed,
your absoultly right...i mean i hate to say it as well but it's pretty much over if ure not on a waitlist..at least for this year...so i'm gonna take anotehr week or so off then get back to teh decks..it's gonna be the worst thing i'll ever have to do but i mean i guess i'm not alone..it sucks hard even thinking bout it..
ajay, prady, and I are all in teh same boat...(well accept that ajay is ont eh waitlist and i didn't even get interviewed)...but hey guys what do u think...let's say...may 1st we alll staart studying again, i dont think it will be as difficult to study it this time, as things shoudl start coming back to you after u read for a couple days...
Also i'm planning on re taking it probably end of july /benigning of august...let's see how things go..it's just depressing as hell thinking bout it right now..but rahmed is right..we gotta pick up our cajohones and tough it out!...
lemme hear what everybody thinks...

hi k, u r right,just pull up ur socks&startstudying!what else i can say!
Khurram said:
Yeah rahmed,
your absoultly right...i mean i hate to say it as well but it's pretty much over if ure not on a waitlist..at least for this year...so i'm gonna take anotehr week or so off then get back to teh decks..it's gonna be the worst thing i'll ever have to do but i mean i guess i'm not alone..it sucks hard even thinking bout it..
ajay, prady, and I are all in teh same boat...(well accept that ajay is ont eh waitlist and i didn't even get interviewed)...but hey guys what do u think...let's say...may 1st we alll staart studying again, i dont think it will be as difficult to study it this time, as things shoudl start coming back to you after u read for a couple days...
Also i'm planning on re taking it probably end of july /benigning of august...let's see how things go..it's just depressing as hell thinking bout it right now..but rahmed is right..we gotta pick up our cajohones and tough it out!...

Khurram said:
Yeah rahmed,

All the Best to all.......................... :thumbup: :luck: :thumbup:

prady said:
well u know the sitation now!thinking about studying again,,,,,,,,,,,itz a nightmare man!!well all i can suggest is forget reading comics & get back 2 ur books!dont waste time!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

any one interviewed on14 april recieved acceptance letter from NYU

tooth man said:
any one interviewed on14 april recieved acceptance letter from NYU
Hi Toothman,
I was interviewed on Apr 14th but have'nt received any letter so far. When did you attend the interview?

Thanks!