NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmasterpeezy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
those of you whom have had your NYU interview do you mind explaining your experience? I know that there are a bunch of forums but I want the most up to date ones. My interview is on wednesday and I want to be prepared. What questions did they ask, format of the day and anything you can tell me. Thanks =]

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They interview first thing in the morning. Get there early, they begin interviewing before 8am. They have coffee/pastries while you wait. You wait till everyone is done and then you go through a basic Q&A session where they tell you info about NYU and you get to ask whatever you want about the school. Then dental students will give you a tour of the school (classrooms, clinics, sim-lab, etc). You eat lunch at the end and then you're done.

Members don't see this ad :)
They interview first thing in the morning. Get there early, they begin interviewing before 8am. They have coffee/pastries while you wait. You wait till everyone is done and then you go through a basic Q&A session where they tell you info about NYU and you get to ask whatever you want about the school. Then dental students will give you a tour of the school (classrooms, clinics, sim-lab, etc). You eat lunch at the end and then you're done.
can you further elaborate on the actual interview

Interviewed there this past week. Pretty much what dienepredent said is right on the money. You go in at 8am (or a little before) and they give you a folder. Inside you will find their supplemental. One page. Very easy to fill out. Someone will call you and you will be interviewed one-on-one with a faculty member. Then you guys wait in the office and there is a Q&A session where you can ask whatever you want. Then there is a detailed tour of the facilities and labs then lunch and you're free to go.

You can look at http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nyucd/survey/26

I personally don't feel like it's ethical to disclose specific questions asked but that's just me. I was expecting normal interview questions, which I did get, but my interviewer also asked me a lot of deep questions which I was not expecting. But just be yourself and answer honestly. It was very conversational and not stressful at all. Mine lasted a good 45 minutes I would say.

Just remember, it's the easiest "test" you'll ever take. It's on you, and you know yourself better than anyone :p

You can look at http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nyucd/survey/26

I personally don't feel like it's ethical to disclose specific questions asked but that's just me. I was expecting normal interview questions, which I did get, but my interviewer also asked me a lot of deep questions which I was not expecting. But just be yourself and answer honestly. It was very conversational and not stressful at all. Mine lasted a good 45 minutes I would say.

Just remember, it's the easiest "test" you'll ever take. It's on you, and you know yourself better than anyone :p
thanks for the response, i really don't want specific questions, i just wanted to know the dynamics of the interview, you know like is it like talking to a friend or professor.
was http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nyucd/survey/26, helpful though?

thanks for the response, i really don't want specific questions, i just wanted to know the dynamics of the interview, you know like is it like talking to a friend or professor.
was http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nyucd/survey/26, helpful though?

Yeah I think it's definitely good practice. I would be prepared to answer whatever is on there. They're very nice, so it was more like talking to a friend.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think it's definitely good practice. I would be prepared to answer whatever is on there. They're very nice, so it was more like talking to a friend.
Thanks, that's what I really wanted to know.
Did they tell you anything about acceptance rate after interview btw?

Had an interview there recently. Same thing happened what everyone else said except I got there at 7am and was the first to get interviewed as soon as I sat down. Definitely prepare because you don't know what kind of interviewer you will get. Mine grilled me for about 40 minutes while the other interviewees were in there maybe 10-15 min at most. Went through about 15 basic questions and then a few "what is my opinion on approaching this procedure this way vs that". Good day though =)

Edit: just realized you already had your interview sorry!