Nyu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrNo2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone (NYC residents or people who have been to New York) could tell me how safe is around W. End Ave and 100th street. I got a very good deal on hotel rates there, but I'm just curious how safe is that area.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

It's a safe neighborhood. 100th and West End is actually a pretty quiet residential neighborhood (full of apartment buildings). One block over to the east is Broadway which is pretty lively (lots of shops). 16 blocks to the north is Columbia University's main campus.

It's kind of far from NYU though-- It'll take you at least an hour to get down there by subway, factoring in the walks-- You have to walk to 96th and Broadway to catch the subway, and after you get out at 23rd and Park you got to walk all the way to 24th and 1st.

HTH!

UBTom,

Wow! thanks for the great information. Being far away from NYU bothers me too. But, I am only gonna be there for 2 nights and $40 a night is worth it I think.

Anyway...Thanks again for the info. It's pretty useful.

-DrNo

Can you get me the phone number of this hotel?