O.K. to call and ask for interviewer's names?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So I had an interview yesterday and it went well. However, I'm terrible with names and can't remember a single person who interviewed me. Is it O.K. to call and ask for the names and addresses so I can mail a thank you card? Or will it look like I don't care enough to even remember their names (I do care enough, I'm just horrible with names especially when I'm nervous).

Members don't see this ad.

If you remember the department the doctor/research was in, look up the name that way. Virtually everyone affiliated with a medical school is listed somewhere on the web.

Looking it up on the website is a good idea. Calling won't make you look weird either.

In the future though, you might want to ask for the interviewer's card after the meeting is over. That'll save you some trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking it up on the website is a good idea. Calling won't make you look weird either.

In the future though, you might want to ask for the interviewer's card after the meeting is over. That'll save you some trouble.

Yeah, I've got the same problem. I try to write it down, but I dont' always get it. I interviewed at JHop a couple of weeks ago, and I got the professor's card, but my student interviewer didn't have one, so now I'm contemplating calling to get her name and mailing address.

Here's a little memory trick that sales people use to remember names. Always say the person's name back to them when you meet them.

<Dr. Blah> Hi, I'm Dr. Blah. Welcome to our school.
<You> It's very nice to meet you, Dr. Blah.

Here's a little memory trick that sales people use to remember names. Always say the person's name back to them when you meet them.

<Dr. Blah> Hi, I'm Dr. Blah. Welcome to our school.
<You> It's very nice to meet you, Dr. Blah.

Haha, yea I did that. Still no luck. If I kept reminding myself of their names (3 people) during my interview I would have remembered. But I didn't want to distract myself with that.