OAT Destroyer for MCAT prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teddibendel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OAT Destroyer can be used as practice questions for the MCAT? I know that the OAT Destroyer covers all sections (except verbal) that the MCAT requires, however I don't know if it is about the same difficulty of questions as the MCAT requires.

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the OAT Destroyer can be used as practice questions for the MCAT? I know that the OAT Destroyer covers all sections (except verbal) that the MCAT requires, however I don't know if it is about the same difficulty of questions as the MCAT requires.

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you!

OAT items are not similar in style to MCAT questions. Some of them actually feel "weird."

They have some utility in their usefulness as warm-up and skills training tools, but they are not to be used in the final stages of preparation for test-skills refinement. Those are best left to official AAMC items and TPR and TBR items. OAT questions may be good only for testing some of your content knowledge and recall, really focussing on one small aspect of what would be required for the MCAT. The NS is much more detail-oriented, and would feel like a sciences trivia type format. The OAT RC section could help as a warm-up to a Natural Sciences passage in the MCAT VR. The OAT PS section is also a good warm-up to the MCAT PS. The OAT QR is good for preparing for the MCAT PS as well. OAT QR kinda seems like Nova's PS prep for MCAT, so you may find some utility in that. Don't use the OAT as a supplement to testing materials for the MCAT, but use them for warm ups and speedwork.