OAT Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Petec

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been studying for the OAT for the past couple weeks and I just took the complete topscore pro test on the computer. A couple of days ago, I took some of the practice tests (for a couple subjects) out of the booklet thats provided by the ASCO (It says Optometry Admission Testing Program 2003). I noticed that my scores were a lot higher in this book than on the topscore pro cd test. The questions in the book seemed a lot easier than on the cd. If this is actually true and they are in fact easier, does anyone know how hard the actual oat is in comparison to these two practice exams? I could be wrong but they seemed a lot different. For example, In physics for the computer program i scored a 270 and in the booklet i scored a 350. Whats going on there? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

WOw that is quite a difference in score.

As I understand (someone correct me if i'm wrong), the practice OAT provided by the ASCO is actually a real copy of the previous year's exam.

When I took the Princeton Review course for the OAT, I noticed that my practice exam scores were a bit lower than on the ASCO's practice exam.

My actual test score results on the OAT (taken last october)compared pretty well with that of the ASCO's practice exam.

Goodluck! 350 is a great score for physics!

this topic has been posted before, try searching :)

but from what ive read, generally the OAT booklet is much easier than the actual OAT and the TopScore is harder than the actual OAT

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the OAT ticket for next Saturday's test date? I haven't received mine yet so just wondering if i'm the only one.

Highly Fanatic, how was your ICO interview? Did you take a lot of pictures in Chicago?;)

....:( yeah i know, we all expect them CUBS to win :rolleyes:

Originally posted by eyedream82
Has anyone received the OAT ticket for next Saturday's test date? I haven't received mine yet so just wondering if i'm the only one.

Highly Fanatic, how was your ICO interview? Did you take a lot of pictures in Chicago?;)

....:( yeah i know, we all expect them CUBS to win :rolleyes:

no pictures yet! i had it rescheduled...i couldnt get a flight out the first time around. anyways, now i can spend more time in chicago, cuz im going right after my OAT. im leaving on the 26th...coming back on the 29th. my interview is on the 28th :)

yep i got the OAT thingey in the mail on thursday, it looks like a pink letter