OAT study question

WhyNeedAName

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Am I the only one who has trouble studying for the OAT? I know the material because I have passed the class and am "breezing" along the study, but I feel as if I don't know the material because I don't know how in-depth the OAT will go (ex- Investment/payout of glycolysis vs the full 12 steps of glycolysis with enzymes)

I have Kaplan lesson book and review book, and some Kaplan practice tests. I recently found out that DAT bootcamp has youtube playlists of Khan Academy stuff that the DAT covers, did that help anyone? Also, if someone has ever used their Playlist along with Chad's videos, how similar are they?

Oh, and my test day is on July 30th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If you've been studying for awhile now I say start taking practice tests. Doing practice tests and problems will help guide you on how in-depth the OAT is. I used kaplan book for bio, Chad videos for everything, and I used OAT destroyer. I greatly recommend OAT destroyer, it is very similar to the actual OAT (especially the physics section) and it will help you determine how prepared you are.

Studying helps a lot, but once you've studied everything you need to move on to practice test and practice problems. Best of luck on your test!

Reactions: 1 users
If you've been studying for awhile now I say start taking practice tests. Doing practice tests and problems will help guide you on how in-depth the OAT is. I used kaplan book for bio, Chad videos for everything, and I used OAT destroyer. I greatly recommend OAT destroyer, it is very similar to the actual OAT (especially the physics section) and it will help you determine how prepared you are.

Studying helps a lot, but once you've studied everything you need to move on to practice test and practice problems. Best of luck on your test!

Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!
Am I the only one who has trouble studying for the OAT? I know the material because I have passed the class and am "breezing" along the study, but I feel as if I don't know the material because I don't know how in-depth the OAT will go (ex- Investment/payout of glycolysis vs the full 12 steps of glycolysis with enzymes)

I have Kaplan lesson book and review book, and some Kaplan practice tests. I recently found out that DAT bootcamp has youtube playlists of Khan Academy stuff that the DAT covers, did that help anyone? Also, if someone has ever used their Playlist along with Chad's videos, how similar are they?

Oh, and my test day is on July 30th.

I'm having the same problem!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am having problems as well. I feel your pain and actually have to re-take from my low score the first time.

I plan on Chad's videos and OAT Destroyer to test me. Good luck!

Hi!! I'm taking my test on Aug 29 and saw that you just took yours. I'm currently studying metabolism and had the same question about how in depth I should know this. So I was wondering if you could remember, how in depth were the actual test questions? Should I know whats made at each step and with what enzyme, or should I just know the overall payout?

Hi!! I'm taking my test on Aug 29 and saw that you just took yours. I'm currently studying metabolism and had the same question about how in depth I should know this. So I was wondering if you could remember, how in depth were the actual test questions? Should I know whats made at each step and with what enzyme, or should I just know the overall payout?
Lol, hi, I was supposed to take mine, but I rescheduled it for tomorrow. From what I saw from the paid ADA one, (I had a 400 on the bio section) I just need to know investment and payout. I also studied which steps are irreversible just in case, but I didn't study the intermediates and enzymes. Let's see how it looks tomorrow lol!

Lol, hi, I was supposed to take mine, but I rescheduled it for tomorrow. From what I saw from the paid ADA one, (I had a 400 on the bio section) I just need to know investment and payout. I also studied which steps are irreversible just in case, but I didn't study the intermediates and enzymes. Let's see how it looks tomorrow lol!

Oh okay, good luck today!! I took my first practice test (Kaplan) yesterday without studying much just to see how it was and how I should base my studying from there. I felt like there were lots of small details.... also a lot of plant stuff I've never heard of before (I'm studying with the Kaplan book). So if you could please let me know how today went, that would be great.