OB/GYN Shelf Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sublimazing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my OBGYN shelf tomorrow. Had some questions if you don't mind.

1.) Do abnormal PAP result (ASCUS/LSIL...) treatment guidelines/algorithms come up as questions? Like: "24yo with LSIL, what is next best step...Colpo vs CKC/LEEP vs repeat testing?

I ask because these guidelines change so much that the recommendations are different in Blueprints, First AID, and then what our attendings have taught us.

2.) Cancer staging. Should I memorize the staging criteria for cervical/vag/ovarian/etc ? These get pretty dicey when they go into Stage 2A1 etc. I know on the surgery shelf study material these things were discussed, but I didn't see it on the exam.

3.) Anyone who took the shelf in the past few rotations...any advice on what areas they specifically wished they'd looked at? So far I've heard workup for Amenorrhea and Fetal conditions from maternal infection.

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I studied everything to the level of detail in UWise and went over the latest ACOG guidelines

1) Know them generally.

2) God no.

3) UW/UWise/OnlineMedEd, all you need. Do OMEd if you haven't, it's worth it.

...I retook the exam last week and, ugh. I like the material and studied online med ed, combank questions, case files, etc and still felt like I failed. So now I'm worried about failing the rotaiton and having to redo it. Which sucks because I'm considering OBGYN atm.