Nov 2, 2010
Status
Can anyone help me figure out how to go about making the switch? In OB, there's a website that lists openings around the country. As far as I can tell, there's no such thing for FP? Would I have to go through the match or would it be possible to find an opening andbe hired directly?

Thanks!

Aug 3, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Good question. I'm interested in doing exactly (well from a different specialty!) that - and here is what I can offer from my own experience:

Depending on how many years you've done already, it may be possible to join an open position. Dont know about getting credit for what you've done though.

- There is an AAFP website (but they dont post directly) and instead a phone number for automated postings - its 1800 288 2668

- Join findaresident.com and residentswap.org (personally done both) - but dont know about openpositions.com or or (just heard about it from someone)

Just out of interest and curiosity - what is the OB website that lists positions?
Please do mention if you come across any other sources of positions!~

Aug 3, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Good question. I'm interested in doing exactly (well from a different specialty!) that - and here is what I can offer from my own experience:

Depending on how many years you've done already, it may be possible to join an open position. Dont know about getting credit for what you've done though.

- There is an AAFP website (but they dont post directly) and instead a phone number for automated postings - its 1800 288 2668

- Join findaresident.com and residentswap.org (personally done both) - but dont know about openpositions.com or or (just heard about it from someone)

Just out of interest and curiosity - what is the OB website that lists positions?
Please do mention if you come across any other sources of positions!~

WugMD1031

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
hey, i don't know if you successfully switched yet- i literally just switched from ob to fp and i used the aafp phone number on the bottom of their website. i personally called the programs and then figured out how to apply based on what the coordinator said.

good luck to you in your search!