OB to FP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jolieskin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me figure out how to go about making the switch? In OB, there's a website that lists openings around the country. As far as I can tell, there's no such thing for FP? Would I have to go through the match or would it be possible to find an opening andbe hired directly?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. I'm interested in doing exactly (well from a different specialty!) that - and here is what I can offer from my own experience:

Depending on how many years you've done already, it may be possible to join an open position. Dont know about getting credit for what you've done though.

- There is an AAFP website (but they dont post directly) and instead a phone number for automated postings - its 1800 288 2668

- Join findaresident.com and residentswap.org (personally done both) - but dont know about openpositions.com or or (just heard about it from someone)

Just out of interest and curiosity - what is the OB website that lists positions?
Please do mention if you come across any other sources of positions!~

Good question. I'm interested in doing exactly (well from a different specialty!) that - and here is what I can offer from my own experience:

Depending on how many years you've done already, it may be possible to join an open position. Dont know about getting credit for what you've done though.

- There is an AAFP website (but they dont post directly) and instead a phone number for automated postings - its 1800 288 2668

- Join findaresident.com and residentswap.org (personally done both) - but dont know about openpositions.com or or (just heard about it from someone)

Just out of interest and curiosity - what is the OB website that lists positions?
Please do mention if you come across any other sources of positions!~

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, i don't know if you successfully switched yet- i literally just switched from ob to fp and i used the aafp phone number on the bottom of their website. i personally called the programs and then figured out how to apply based on what the coordinator said.

good luck to you in your search!

Anybody care to share why they went FP on OB? Just curious. :thumbup: