Obama or Romney (for pharmacists!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NateRobinson

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Simple. Which presidential candidate appeals more to pharmacists? Forget everything else. Who is our guy, the guy that Moreso gets us more jobs, more money, less tax breaks for our salary range?
 
Simple. Which presidential candidate appeals more to pharmacists? Forget everything else. Who is our guy, the guy that Moreso gets us more jobs, more money, less tax breaks for our salary range?

I can't imagine anything going wrong with this thread!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Obama until my AGI > $250k then I'll pick Romney! Seriously, I don't care since I can't really vote anyway >_>;
 
Forget everything else. Forget the bull****. Forget the party affiliations. I'm not interested in a debate that goes awry.

Simple.

Which candidate is in the best interest of pharmacists? More specifically those of us that are new grads?
 
I can't imagine anything going wrong with this thread!

Y'all see this?

66151101510931622254885.jpg
 
jpeg%20pizza.jpg


I got this for $10 to complement 12 pack of beer. I felt so bad when I picked it up LOL...
 
Interesting debate. I watched it and I don't even care about politics. lol...
 
Which candidate is in the best interest of pharmacists?

Most pharmacists are women. Most women marry up.

Pharmacist salary + MD salary = MORE than 250K a year.....

So Romney would be better for pharmacists.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SHC, what were some of your favorite points from the debate?

I liked the discussion on health care.

I liked the discussion on jobs

I like the discussion on taxes and medicare/medicaid.

I like the discussion on middle class (I think Obama's middle class is income of 20K to 50K and Romney's is more accurate at 50K to 150K) Yes, pharmacist IS MIDDLE class.

I like how they both try to argue on how they will try to lower the national debt...(will be hard for anyone to do IMO).

I like the discussion on education.

I can't vote b/c I am in Texas and I am not resigeter here....

But I def prefer Romney b/c
1) don't raise taxes
2) I support what he said about corporations providing jobs and needing a cut or at least not raising taxes on them. I always supported giving tax cuts to big companies that are providing jobs for people needing it. If you increase taxes on corporations jobs will be lost. That point I agree with 100%.
3) I don't support government programs for the most part.
4) I am SHOCKED that Obama has cause the USA's debt to increase so much! I am also shocked at how many unemployed people are here and how much the health insurance INCREASED due to Obama.
5) I support helping the economy and getting MORE jobs...which is what Romney is looking for...so I support him for that.
6) I support cutting medicaid to the fullest extend. Sorry. If I have to work...then everyone else should too. No matter how you argue that point I just don't support it.
7) I like Romney's idea of NOT building more programs unless absolutely needed. To me Obama just sound like a guy that likes to SPEND SPEND SPEND and SPEND. He doesn't seem too worried about the debt. Just SPEND and SPEND and SPEND on crap that will increase the debt 100X fold by the time he is gone.

Overall, Romney will do a great job in increasing JOBS, keeping the debt down, cutting cost on things that aren't important like medicaid, and not increasing health insurance. Romney did a great job with MA insurance like stated in the debate.

I think he will make a much better president! VOTE FOR ROMNEY! 🙂
 
I liked the discussion on health care.

I liked the discussion on jobs

I like the discussion on taxes and medicare/medicaid.

I like the discussion on middle class (I think Obama's middle class is income of 20K to 50K and Romney's is more accurate at 50K to 150K) Yes, pharmacist IS MIDDLE class.

I like how they both try to argue on how they will try to lower the national debt...(will be hard for anyone to do IMO).

I like the discussion on education.

I can't vote b/c I am in Texas and I am not resigeter here....

But I def prefer Romney b/c
1) don't raise taxes
2) I support what he said about corporations providing jobs and needing a cut or at least not raising taxes on them. I always supported giving tax cuts to big companies that are providing jobs for people needing it. If you increase taxes on corporations jobs will be lost. That point I agree with 100%.
3) I don't support government programs for the most part.
4) I am SHOCKED that Obama has cause the USA's debt to increase so much! I am also shocked at how many unemployed people are here and how much the health insurance INCREASED due to Obama.
5) I support helping the economy and getting MORE jobs...which is what Romney is looking for...so I support him for that.
6) I support cutting medicaid to the fullest extend. Sorry. If I have to work...then everyone else should too. No matter how you argue that point I just don't support it.
7) I like Romney's idea of NOT building more programs unless absolutely needed. To me Obama just sound like a guy that likes to SPEND SPEND SPEND and SPEND. He doesn't seem too worried about the debt. Just SPEND and SPEND and SPEND on crap that will increase the debt 100X fold by the time he is gone.

Overall, Romney will do a great job in increasing JOBS, keeping the debt down, cutting cost on things that aren't important like medicaid, and not increasing health insurance. Romney did a great job with MA insurance like stated in the debate.

I think he will make a much better president! VOTE FOR ROMNEY! 🙂

I'm going to bite my tongue on this one.
 
I will not be voting for either one of them. I didn't listen to the debates, because I don't care what they have to say (politicians lie all the time.)--what is more relevent are their voting records, this shows what they truely support, not just the babble they feed their supporters. Based on their voting records, I do not think expect Romney to do much of anything different than Obama has done, I also don't expect Obama to suddenly change from anything he's done.

Therefore my final conclusion, it won't matter to pharmacists, whether Obama or Romney wins....life will continue on, just as it currently is.
 
I will not be voting for either one of them. I didn't listen to the debates, because I don't care what they have to say (politicians lie all the time.)--what is more relevent are their voting records, this shows what they truely support, not just the babble they feed their supporters. Based on their voting records, I do not think expect Romney to do much of anything different than Obama has done, I also don't expect Obama to suddenly change from anything he's done.

Therefore my final conclusion, it won't matter to pharmacists, whether Obama or Romney wins....life will continue on, just as it currently is.

I agree with this for the most part. I feel this way about most politicians myself. Obama just suck more than most...we don't have to argue over why. Just look at the national debt now, the cost of health insurance increasing and the number of unemployment in this country. Just look at the numbers no need to do anything else.

My 13 year old cousin is more politically aware/knowledgeable than SHC...and can make a more cogent argument. And she lives in the barrio and goes to a ****ty school.

I'll take this as you aren't finish PMSing from the other night. Who else bitch about their lifes as much as you do? You sound like a sad, pathetic loser that likes to attack people you don't know on a public forum. :laugh: I don't even know who the hell you are and I have never talk to you before...so watch what you say about me. Let's just say there are a lot WORST things I could call you...but I don't b/c I am the bigger person. In the meantime please continue to PMS and we'll all continue to watch you bitch about your life on here. :laugh:

.
 
So I finally watched it and Obama looked really tired. He wasn't his usual energetic self.

Cognitive dissonance. He flat out sucked. I have been trying to make excuses for him too. Only the next speeches will tell.
 
I will not be voting for either one of them. I didn't listen to the debates, because I don't care what they have to say (politicians lie all the time.)--what is more relevent are their voting records, this shows what they truely support, not just the babble they feed their supporters. Based on their voting records, I do not think expect Romney to do much of anything different than Obama has done, I also don't expect Obama to suddenly change from anything he's done.

Therefore my final conclusion, it won't matter to pharmacists, whether Obama or Romney wins....life will continue on, just as it currently is.

Good, dont vote. My vote will count for more 😛
Unless you are in a different state or something.. which is a statistical improbability.
 
So I finally watched it and Obama looked really tired. He wasn't his usual energetic self.

Take a look at his picture before he took office and compare it to now. He's aged 10 years in the last four. I thought he looked like a guy with a lot on his mind and was annoyed he had to stand up and defend himself against a guy who has no clue what it is like to be president. The debate was probably the last place Obama wanted to be. Look at all that is going on in the world with Israel and Iran, the mess in Afghanistan, Libya, hell the entire middle east. I don't blame him for being distracted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take a look at his picture before he took office and compare it to now. He's aged 10 years in the last four. I thought he looked like a guy with a lot on his mind and was annoyed he had to stand up and defend himself against a guy who has no clue what it is like to be president. The debate was probably the last place Obama wanted to be. Look at all that is going on in the world with Israel and Iran, the mess in Afghanistan, Libya, hell the entire middle east. I don't blame him for being distracted.

Well put. Seeing him like that last night made me kind of sad. 🙁
 
But I def prefer Romney b/c
1) don't raise taxes
2) I support what he said about corporations providing jobs and needing a cut or at least not raising taxes on them. I always supported giving tax cuts to big companies that are providing jobs for people needing it. If you increase taxes on corporations jobs will be lost. That point I agree with 100%.
3) I don't support government programs for the most part.
4) I am SHOCKED that Obama has cause the USA's debt to increase so much! I am also shocked at how many unemployed people are here and how much the health insurance INCREASED due to Obama.
5) I support helping the economy and getting MORE jobs...which is what Romney is looking for...so I support him for that.
6) I support cutting medicaid to the fullest extend. Sorry. If I have to work...then everyone else should too. No matter how you argue that point I just don't support it.
7) I like Romney's idea of NOT building more programs unless absolutely needed. To me Obama just sound like a guy that likes to SPEND SPEND SPEND and SPEND. He doesn't seem too worried about the debt. Just SPEND and SPEND and SPEND on crap that will increase the debt 100X fold by the time he is gone.

Overall, Romney will do a great job in increasing JOBS, keeping the debt down, cutting cost on things that aren't important like medicaid, and not increasing health insurance. Romney did a great job with MA insurance like stated in the debate.

I think he will make a much better president! VOTE FOR ROMNEY! 🙂

1) Having Romney simply say, "I'm going to grow the economy", or "I'm going to increase jobs" is not really an economic plan.

2) Trickle down economics have been employed several times, and the economy has failed despite despite these lower tax rates for corporations. Under higher tax rates during the Clinton administration, the economy grew, and more jobs were created despite the higher tax rates.

3) What specific government programs don't you like? The Board of Education? EPA? Providing school lunches to children?

4) Regarding medicaid and healthcare reform, did you happen to tune out the last few years?
 
I am betting $20 Obama will have another 4 years. A lot of good stuffs happening lately are pointing at his direction.
 
Did I warn you or what? 😉

I agree with the person who said the next debate(s) may go better. Obama really let Romney have this one. Hopefully he does better next time.

Why did he stare down so much?! 😡

tumblr_mbchaeqGCx1r5x2kdo1_500.jpg


Because Romney was being a bit OAG
 
Good, dont vote. My vote will count for more 😛
Unless you are in a different state or something.. which is a statistical improbability.

I will be voting, but it will be for a 3rd party candidate. In spite of what the media would have you believe, there are several candidates running who actually present a real alternative to the demopublican/republicrat's running.....Virgil Goode-Constitution,Jill Stien-Green, Rocky Anderson-Justice, Gary Johnson-Libertarian.

Just as Obama has done nothing substantially different than Bush, there is no reason to think Romney is going to do anything substantially different than Obama. But by all means, go ahead and vote for Obama or Romney, as if that is any choice at all. I'm not the least bit concerned by those who say I'm "throwing my vote away", because I am 100% convinced that Obama or Romney will govern essentially the same in office....regardless of what they say now. I really do not care if either Romney or Obama wins....picking one of them as my favorite would be like saying I have a preference for French Vanilla ice cream over Vanilla Bean ice cream. :laugh:
 
I will be voting, but it will be for a 3rd party candidate. In spite of what the media would have you believe, there are several candidates running who actually present a real alternative to the demopublican/republicrat's running.....Virgil Goode-Constitution,Jill Stien-Green, Rocky Anderson-Justice, Gary Johnson-Libertarian.

Just as Obama has done nothing substantially different than Bush, there is no reason to think Romney is going to do anything substantially different than Obama. But by all means, go ahead and vote for Obama or Romney, as if that is any choice at all. I'm not the least bit concerned by those who say I'm "throwing my vote away", because I am 100% convinced that Obama or Romney will govern essentially the same in office....regardless of what they say now. I really do not care if either Romney or Obama wins....picking one of them as my favorite would be like saying I have a preference for French Vanilla ice cream over Vanilla Bean ice cream. :laugh:

The electoral college essentially creates a duopoly. Looking from the extreme, I am sure those two parties look very much the same. I think of myself as someone who is on the left to the center and those parties could not be more different. Voting for a third party will have no effect on this election (historical anomaly- Nader) but it will have one in the coming election where the two parties will try to incorporate the ideals of the third party to capture some of the votes.
 
As far as ties go, Romney had someone put his tie on. Obama had someone put his tie on and put a little dimple in his tie. Anyone that knows anything about tying a tie knows that you gotta put a dimple in there. Romney looked energetic...anyone know his DOB? It's called Botox, some of you may have heard of it. Apparently it makes you look younger and "energetic". Unless you have paid off your student loans and you make over $250K, voting for Romney is detrimental to you and your peers. Oh yeah, and if Romney is elected make sure you get a couple more lines installed on your phones because its going to be medication reject city.
 
As far as ties go, Romney had someone put his tie on. Obama had someone put his tie on and put a little dimple in his tie. Anyone that knows anything about tying a tie knows that you gotta put a dimple in there. Romney looked energetic...anyone know his DOB? It's called Botox, some of you may have heard of it. Apparently it makes you look younger and "energetic". Unless you have paid off your student loans and you make over $250K, voting for Romney is detrimental to you and your peers. Oh yeah, and if Romney is elected make sure you get a couple more lines installed on your phones because its going to be medication reject city.

huh.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Churchill couldn't have said better....show me an old liberal and I will show you someone with no brains.....thank goodness I stopped being a: liberal at 19..