OBLC Army

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to attend Army OBLC this summer because I have to remediate an exam. I was wondering how I go about informing the Army of this.

Members don't see this ad.

Just call up the Student Management Office in Falls Church, VA and talk to them and they will tell you what to do. In all honesty, I would see if your school will let you take the exam after OBLC since it is an Army activity they should be very accomodating. I feel that although you may not be looking forward to OBLC, its great to get it out of the way so that you don't have to do it later.

In all honesty, I would see if your school will let you take the exam after OBLC since it is an Army activity they should be very accomodating.
You can always ask, but expect most medical schools to say "no".

Even at the most accommodating of medical schools, they will always believe medical education comes first. When a student is remediating an exam, it usually means they are at risk of failing the course if they do not pass. Asking for special allowances will probably be frowned upon.

In my experience, medical schools will try to be accommodating, but their first question will be a request to see your orders. If you had no choice but to take OBLC, they would probably do everything they could to accommodate. When they find out that it's just a personal preference but you could take it later, don't expect them to move a remediated exam to help.

Best of luck with it, Slevin, and let us know what they end up telling you. And more people end up doing remediated exams than you might realize. It ain't fun, but it ain't rare either...