Observation hour verification

Jackinjac

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2015
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hi Everyone
I volunteered in a hospital and a private clinic 2 years ago when I was not sure to pursue the filed physical therapy. Therefore I did not keep a log with recording types of patient I saw and how many hours I spent in each area. Recently, I asked the manager physical therapist to verify my hour by filling out the verification form. She listed total hour that I volunteered. But she could not provide specific information on area observed, neither I could. So on my PTCAS, I left area and type of patients blank. Have anyone of you experience the same thing? How does it affect my application?

Thank you in advance

hopefulngratefulDPT

2+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2017
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
I think you should definitely try to list the type of patients you observed. If it's a private clinic, most likely you saw General Orthopedics, Geriatrics (if you slightly remember anyone over 50-60 years old, Pediatrics (if you saw anyone under 18 years ago), Neurological (if you saw anyone recovering post-stroke, etc.). If anything, at least put General Orthopedics since basically all PT Clinics deal with some type of musculoskeletal function.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.