Observation Hours during COVID-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hapa808

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just curious to see how everyone is doing with observation hours during these hectic times.

I think I'm lucky and just found out a hospital was willing to take me over next semester.

Are you guys getting any luck?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey I saw you commented on my post! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm actually not doing any this fall semester because my grandma is staying home from over seas and I don't want to risk anything. So I'm going to do them over the winter break and see as many hours I can get in. It's outpatient though

Reactions: 1 users
I'm very stressed about my observation hours. I changed career paths to PT last year and I was working at an outpatient clinic when the pandemic hit and I had to move home. I have about 1,000 hours at that one outpatient clinic, but I was supposed to do inpatient hours this summer/fall. I've called a dozen or so locations and no one is willing to let me shadow or volunteer (I've called both inpatient and outpatient). I'm really concerned about not having any variety of settings especially after reading how many hours other people have.

I'm very stressed about my observation hours. I changed career paths to PT last year and I was working at an outpatient clinic when the pandemic hit and I had to move home. I have about 1,000 hours at that one outpatient clinic, but I was supposed to do inpatient hours this summer/fall. I've called a dozen or so locations and no one is willing to let me shadow or volunteer (I've called both inpatient and outpatient). I'm really concerned about not having any variety of settings especially after reading how many hours other people have.
I think having 1000 hours alone is impressive even if it is only one setting haha. I wouldn't stress too much if I was you :)

Reactions: 1 user