This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmoore34

Reaction score
How is everyone getting their hours during covid?! I know some schools are being "lenient", but I only have ten signed hours and I don't think that will cut it. I switched to PT right before covid hit but I want to apply this summer.

I have more hours from 2017 but I do not have them signed since I wasn't planning on PT school, do you think schools will take my word for it?

Please give me tips on how to get hours! I'm stressed.

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone getting their hours during covid?! I know some schools are being "lenient", but I only have ten signed hours and I don't think that will cut it. I switched to PT right before covid hit but I want to apply this summer.

I have more hours from 2017 but I do not have them signed since I wasn't planning on PT school, do you think schools will take my word for it?

Please give me tips on how to get hours! I'm stressed.
I went ahead and go observation hours during COVID, in person.

If in person is an option for you then it's definitely possible. Contact local PT clinics, outpatient I'd say is more likely than inpatient and hospitals are probably less likely.

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of schools listed it as being waved. When you input hours observed in PTCAS, you have to put in supervisor information for verification of hours. If the school is waving it, it wont hurt you. Schools are just as flustered (trust me I applied this cycle) as you. Don't stress. Also you have several more months before your cycle to apply opens and with the vaccine on the rise, I am sure if you call around you can chalk away hours by the time you need to hit that submit button on PTCAS. Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did some shadowing in 2018 and also hadn't planned on applying so soon, so I didn't plan to get them verified on PTCAS. But I reached out to the PT I shadowed with because I still maintained some contact with her so she'll be verifying my hours on PTCAS when the applications open this cycle. If you can reach out to the facility or the PT, I'd definitely recommend it- all hours are valuable! Also, see if you can apply to PT tech/aide positions, that experience can count towards observation hours, and you might be more likely to get hired as an employee than taken on as a volunteer. And my last suggestion would be to target your search towards programs that just recommend observation hours but have no required minimum. Good luck!

HAve you heard of Pre-pt Grind? They're giving out some observation hours. They're PT's, run through a case study with you via a recorded video, you answer a few questions and you get 1-1.5 hours each time. Do enough of them and they add up, it's also just good info regardless.

HAve you heard of Pre-pt Grind? They're giving out some observation hours. They're PT's, run through a case study with you via a recorded video, you answer a few questions and you get 1-1.5 hours each time. Do enough of them and they add up, it's also just good info regardless.

I haven't heard of this, this is great, thanks!