Observation Hours In-progress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecbprept4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I am starting inpatient acute hours this week and am trying to get as many in before I e-submit which leads to my question: Will there be any advantage if I e-submit now w/out transcripts at PTCAS or could I wait until they receive them to e-submit? I took Summer classes so I am just waiting for grades to appear on my transcripts before I e-submit. I also know some schools do not view updated observation hours so I just want to know what my best course of action is.

Members don't see this ad.

Your question is a little confusing, You can wait to e submit as long as you make your school's deadlines. The only disadvantage to waiting would be for schools with rolling admissions. In that case, it is best to get the application in as early as possible. If you are applying to programs with traditional deadlines, it doesn't matter when you submit as long as you get it there in time.

Your question is a little confusing, You can wait to e submit as long as you make your school's deadlines. The only disadvantage to waiting would be for schools with rolling admissions. In that case, it is best to get the application in as early as possible. If you are applying to programs with traditional deadlines, it doesn't matter when you submit as long as you get it there in time.

Am I at more of an advantage if I e-submit now without my transcripts in, than if I e-submit when PTCAS receives my transcripts? I am applying to some schools with rolling admissions. That may be easier to understand, sorry for the confusion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe PTCAS starts processing your application until your transcripts are submitted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
How do your observation hours relate to your transcripts? I'm confused

Like @Edocsil says, PTCAS won't begin process your application until they receive your transcripts because that's basically what their processing is: matching the transcript with what you entered in the coursework section and calculating GPAs.

How do your observation hours relate to your transcripts? I'm confused

Like @Edocsil says, PTCAS won't begin process your application until they receive your transcripts because that's basically what their processing is: matching the transcript with what you entered in the coursework section and calculating GPAs.

I mentioned that becauseI am trying to get as many inpatient acute hours in before my transcripts arrive since some schools don't consider updated hours.

The big question is....how many hours do you have now? What settings? That will help decide how critical these hours are. Have you met the minimum hours at all schools right now?

If you wait 1 week, how many hours will you get?

If you wait 2 weeks, how many will you get?

Questions like these will help you evaluate how much these hours will change your application strength.

You are obviously waiting right now until the summer grades drop, so get moving on those hours. I recommend getting your application (e submit) in pretty soon after the grades drops since you are applying to rolling admissions schools.

There is no advantage to e submitting early if there are no transcripts at PTCAS yet.

The big question is....how many hours do you have now? What settings? That will help decide how critical these hours are. Have you met the minimum hours at all schools right now?

If you wait 1 week, how many hours will you get?

If you wait 2 weeks, how many will you get?

Questions like these will help you evaluate how much these hours will change your application strength.

You are obviously waiting right now until the summer grades drop, so get moving on those hours. I recommend getting your application (e submit) in pretty soon after the grades drops since you are applying to rolling admissions schools.

There is no advantage to e submitting early if there are no transcripts at PTCAS yet.

I have 165 hours right now, 133 outpatient, 4 inpatient rehab, 18 inpatient skilled nursing, 10 occupational health - I am applying to Midwestern university az which requires 10 inpatient acute so my plan is to get as many hours by the time my transcripts come in. Do you think these hours will look good to schools?

I think your hours are fine. I would just get my 10 hours in in patient then and then submit after that. A few more hours on top of that won't make a huge difference in your application.

I think your hours are fine. I would just get my 10 hours in in patient then and then submit after that. A few more hours on top of that won't make a huge difference in your application.

Thank you for your help!!