Observation Hours Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fathobo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about how the Observation Hours will be verified.

I have personally been keeping a paper log for myself of all the different experiences I have had. I have the dates, times, and signatures from therapists in order to make sure it was a legit record.

When we go to enter our observation hours for PTCAS am I allowed to put a start and end date which I then add the total # numbers of hours I have spent observing to be verified by the therapist with just a click of a button?

Or will I have to upload a copy of my documents and send them to PTCAS?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll enter dates, number of hours completed (or plan to complete, or both), and setting/populations observed. You'll also have to enter the PT's name, clinic address, and email. There will be a box to click which will send an email to the PT to verify the hours. You also have the option of a paper copy you can bring to the PT to sign and send in if that's preferable.

I believe that's the gist of it. It's a pretty straight forward form once you see it.

Here's the link to the instructions: http://www.ptcas.org/PTHours/

Great, thank you so much for the help. I figured the system was setup to just enter dates/hours and send an email.
Good luck this cycle!

Thanks for the well wishes, but I'm starting PT school in August. Best of luck to you, though!