Observation Hours verified by Volunteer Coordinator?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAPERCLIP_DPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have volunteered at a large hospital but there wasn't always one stable physical therapist around since it was always changing, so I am looking toward seeking the volunteer coordinator to verify my hours. I was reading on PTCAS and it states, "If an office administrator at the facility will verify your hours in lieu of the physical therapist, enter the name and email address for the office administrator."

I have moved out of t own since the last time I volunteered so I requested verification online. But when I sent the electronic link for verification online, the coordinator seemed to freak out and was lost and said it wasn't possible for her to do so because it required a PT license number??

Has anyone else had experience getting a volunteer coordinator or administrator to verify your hours in lieu of a physical therapist? If so, did you just upload a signed form or did you go the online route?

At this point, I don't mind driving the distance and just going in and getting a paper copy signed, but I'd like to know if someone else has done it and it worked/was verified.

Members don't see this ad.

Volunteer coordinators CAN verify hours when a PT was not the main person you were coordinating your hours with. I have had one do it for me no problem, they just do not enter a PT license number but fill out the rest as it states. Programs should not have a problem with this but be able to explain it if they ask. They can do the online form as it does not require a PT license number (there is no asterisk next to it showing it is required).

Volunteer coordinators CAN verify hours when a PT was not the main person you were coordinating your hours with. I have had one do it for me no problem, they just do not enter a PT license number but fill out the rest as it states. Programs should not have a problem with this but be able to explain it if they ask. They can do the online form as it does not require a PT license number (there is no asterisk next to it showing it is required).

Thank you. I tried calling in again to the volunteer office this morning to clarify, but they are still being difficult about the process and just asked me to leave a message with the manager. I am feeling a bit lost about what to do if I don't hear back from the manager.

Last edited: