Observed Hours PT Specialty Area?

Started by nsxviper
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nsxviper

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to fill out my PTCAS application but I'm having trouble which specialty I observed in the hospital. I volunteered in the rehab department and I remembered seeing patients walking around, getting in and out of bed, using stairs, lifting weights, and hand cycling. Does this count as Orthopaedics or Cardiovascular?

Also, how important is it to get my hours verified by the PT? I'm having difficulty contacting my PT who I observed at the inpatient hospital, it just closed down last year. I'm currently volunteering at 2 outpatient clinics and I can get my hours verified by them.
 
For the specialties, it mostly depends on why the patient was admitted. Did your PT go over patient history with you?

As for the hours, your current PTs can only verify your current hours. Please try your best at contacting your previous PT. If not possible, you will have to forfeit those hours and put more in at your current site to meet any entrance requirements for the schools you are applying to. Good luck.