Ochem resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the prodogy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was necessary to keep my ochem book to study for the DAT. From what I've heard, people don't even use this, they tend to use other resources. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I used it a lot. The other materials focus your studying, but they don't supply the depth that your book does.

For example, destroyer will tell you that a tertiary carbocation is more stable than a primary carbocation, but it never mentions why. It's much easier to remember this fact when you know why it is true rather than just accepting that it is true.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you don't use it to study, it still looks badass on a bookshelf.

thats why i pretty much lug around my grad course molecular principles of animal development and endocrine physiology book almost everywhere i go.

chicks dig it.

lmao. i don't bother with the book. mine sucks compared to the book called online. The ucalgary orgo website is 10x better than my textbook. and it has an easy search function lol. Much quicker than trying to find the right section in a giant crappy textbook =)