OChem Worry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

lost

Hi,
I'm currently a sophomore. I've been doing alrite in all my courses except OCHEM I. The way things are going, I might end up with a C or even a D. So, do I drop the course now and receive a W or shall I just suck it up and work really hard and try and bust a C?
The other problem with dropping OChem is that I'll be a semester behind (I also happen to be a chem major..dropping ochem will put me back by a year)
What should I do?????
Thanks for any inputs!

Members don't see this ad.

Lost,
Aren't you too late to drop? I have my Ochem final in three days. No one can drop at this point.

If I were you, if you're gonna get a C, don't drop it but you better get good science grades from now on to "bury" that C. If you think you'll get a D, I would drop it w/a W. If its just so difficult for you, maybe take it in the summer when you can just focus on organic.

(BTW, do you still want to be a chem major? I'm not trying to be discouraging, but I think it gets harder...in my experience, biochem and p-chem were harder than organic, but thats just me :) ) good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the C and be glad you made it out of that hell-hole with your life! I almost didn't!! --Trek

Bust your butt and come out with a C. DO NOT get a D, and try to do better in the next semester. Lighten your credit load if necessary, or take the semsester in the summer when you can concentrate on it. But anyway, one C aint gonna kill ya.

Drop it and switch majors. If you're already get kicked around by Chemistry classes and only a sophomore you've got trouble.

Taking P-Chem and BioChem as well as advanced Inorganic and Analytical will just result in more C's and D's.

Sorry I'm not real encouraging but I've been there and switched my major becasue of Organic I for Chemistry and Chem. Engr. students. I went from Chem to BioChem

If possible take the easier O-Chem class if your school offers it. U of Nebraska (Where I go) offers an Organic class for Bio, BioChem, and other majors like that and a hardcore O-Chem class for Chem and ChemE majors.

BTW, go Huskers, The BCS might be the greatest thing since string cheese.