OCPM Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stellarzellar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is a facebook group for the class of 2012. I got accepted and am almost for sure I'll be attending in the Fall and was just wanting to get to know some future classmates.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if there is a facebook or anything, but I will be joining you in the Fall at OCPM.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: I will be there so it will be us 3.

I'll be there in the fall as well :D

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is a 2nd deposit that needs to be mailed in to OCPM? I am away from my apartment so I don't have any of the documents/information regarding this issue. I wanted to make sure I don't miss a potential deadline too. I sent in the first deposit of $500 about a month ago and just recently finished filling out the financial packet that was sent after they received this initial deposit.......thanks

thats the only deposit
and if you shadow a OCPM grad the deposit is only $250

Okay so this may be a really dumb question but I recently received a letter in the mail inviting me for an "official on-campus visit" to OCPM and I was wondering if that was an interview invite or just a chance to see the school...my application has been sent in so that's why I was sort of confused. What all happens at these on-campus visits? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! :)

Okay so this may be a really dumb question but I recently received a letter in the mail inviting me for an "official on-campus visit" to OCPM and I was wondering if that was an interview invite or just a chance to see the school...my application has been sent in so that's why I was sort of confused. What all happens at these on-campus visits? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! :)

its just their way of saying you are invited for an interview
come prepared

Students give you a tour where you can ask questions, you meet the dean, then you are interviewed. I think I was there from 8:30 to 2:00, they give you lunch, theres a Q&A with a DPM. They try not to make it stressful, but it is still an interview.

the "Q & A" with the podiatrist is more of a second interview than anything

but dont get worked up about it, the podiatrist who normally conducts this portion of the visit is a friendly guy with a good sense of humor

OCPM class of 2012 lets make a facebook group, If only i wasn't facebook handicaped I would do it myself!!!!!! lol
Someone should start it up so that we call all meet and chit-chat about this fall?....
Question though?....does the class of 2012 have classes starting the first week of aug?..or is it at the end of aug?

thanks so much for your responses everyone...it is very appreciated! wish me luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
2012 has orientation on July 31 and august 1st and then actual classes start August 4th

thats pretty early start!!!!!.... oh well

it does seem early, but i guess this past year (the 2011 class) we started on August 6th so its pretty similar

wow good job....i'll join the group when i get offically accepted! hopefully within the next few weeks!!

I just joined the facebook group :D Anyone plan on going to the housing fair?

probably not because I'm moving up there around jun 1st and housing fair isn't until the 14th. they sent a newsletter that had alot of apartments i've been looking at though. if anybody is attending ocpm where are some of the best locations to live which include (good ammenities, decent prices, and of course an abundance of young people)?

Probably 50% (or more) of class of 2011 is at the Regency in Parma, most of the other people are in apts in the area close by and in Broadview Heights

I went down the other week to check out apartments and I found that the Regency apartments are almost full, there was only 5 two bedrooms left.
Where is everyone going to be living?

I went down the other week to check out apartments and I found that the Regency apartments are almost full, there was only 5 two bedrooms left.
Where is everyone going to be living?
I called last Friday, and lady at the regency said there were no 1 bedrooms available. Hopefully more open up.

I'm looking into housing now anywhere near OCPM and within a reasonable price, but I wanted other people's opinions on where to live. I am looking for a 1 bedroom place, possibly in Parma. I heard that a lot of the apartments at the housing fair are worthless and hype up their place (and then the student finds out the inside is complete crap), so it isn't worth going to. Did anyone get any inside info about where one should live while interviewing at OCPM or by talking with the student ambassadors? I know we got all those papers with various apartments during our interview, but I don't want to waste my time looking through some of the garbage places that are all about hyping up their place and screwing students over...I'd appreciate any advice

Well i checked out on my own about 4 different places around ocpm and i found that the regency has great deals for students and they are renovating many of their apartments as people are moving out. I also like midtown apartments that was my second choice and they also have great deals for students as well as newly remodeled apartments to view.
The rockside apartments are older and I didn't find them as nice. They are pretty far away as well if you don't drive on the hwy there.
Anyways thats my 2 cents..... take what you want from it! lol

If there is anyone who wants to room with someone, my husband and I were looking at houses for rent in the area and you can get a house for 800-1000. If you split that between 2-3 people, it may be more reasonable and spacious than an apartment. There was even a house for rent in Independence, like 5 minutes from school for 1000. Just a thought.

If anyone is interested, I know at least one person who is moving out (1 bedroom at the regency) and I think you would be able to get it if you took over the lease at the end of July. I am also living in a 3 bedroom apartment at the regency that would be available next month as well. The 1 bedroom is in the "b building" and the 3 bedroom is in the "c building"
Let me know if you have any questions and congrats....looking fwd to seeing you all soon!

Has anyone received their financial aid award letters yet?

Has anyone received their financial aid award letters yet?

I emailed them last week because either the newsletter or an email from them said that we should be getting them by the end of May. Anyway, they told me that they should be getting mailed out sometime this week.

Does anyone know if we should invest in buying some scrubs for our first year or will they not even be needed so early?

really CHEAP scrubs + long lab coat + old shoes (they will be smelly/disgusting by the end of lower)

buy your dissection kit now, the local med bookstore did not have enough last year (eye scissors, large scissors, forceps, hemostat, probe, #3 scalpel, box of #10 blades, dissection pins, lots of gloves) I would also recommend an older cheap edition of Netter's atlas to take to lab w/you (guard it well)

Good Luck! :D

I emailed them last week because either the newsletter or an email from them said that we should be getting them by the end of May. Anyway, they told me that they should be getting mailed out sometime this week.

Just got my award packet in the mail today.

if anybody has any questions about the school, what to buy etc... dont hesistate to message me. You guys have about 1-2 weeks of orientation etc.. and that is plenty of time to literally order scrubs, lab coat and dissection kit online in time for classes. Also, you will be able to preview all of the anatomy lab books (just ask the librarians for different editions). I would suggest just buying all that stuff the week you get here (giving yourself a week for the merchandise to come to your house etc...). No need to rush anything or study in the summer. Relax, enjoy yourself b/c you will need it by the time the dog days of fall come rolling around (middle of november). Goodluck

Does anyone know when our tuition payment is due??

i think thats actually the 1st day you can pay tuition

you are given 30 days from that date to complete payment

I'm moving into the Regency this weekend. Are there any Ocpm get togethers pre orientation?

I would like to meet the people in my class before school actually starts.

made a facebook event and plan it out and get everyone together i know there is a room in the regency you can get for free that are nice and all re-done. that would be nice

I'm moving into the Regency this weekend. Are there any Ocpm get togethers pre orientation?

I would like to meet the people in my class before school actually starts.

Hey DPMace,

There's an event that Ashley created on facebook for a get together before school starts...here is the link http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=21855956199

Hopefully that works for you...if not it's Monday, Jul 28th at 7pm at this place called the Winking Lizard.

~Mandy~