OCPM Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All you need is a 16 on the MCAT to get into CSPM (they say 18 this year but I am + if it's in effect). I would think/hope even the majority of pod applicants have that score.

Also, I would not believe everything you hear from admissions. You ask for 1st time pass rates and certain schools say it's 100% - when its clearly not even close.

Of course. Every school is going to tell you their FTPR and residency placement is 100% which is a load of crap.

Members don't see this ad.

I've interviewed, but was only conditionally accepted. I sent my deposit in, but one of my stipulations in lieu of retaking the MCAT was to raise my science GPA by .23 haha. Was she just lying to me? I find it hard to believe that Dean Lott will even remember that she told me that. She totally rocks though!

I've interviewed, but was only conditionally accepted. I sent my deposit in, but one of my stipulations in lieu of retaking the MCAT was to raise my science GPA by .23 haha. Was she just lying to me? I find it hard to believe that Dean Lott will even remember that she told me that. She totally rocks though!

by .23? How are you going to manage that? Are you just going to retake the MCAT instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry ahead of time for all of the questions for all of you OCPM c/o 2013 :)

I had my interview at Scholl and was accepted, but I really have my heart set on OCPM. What's the normal acceptance criteria for OCPM (MCAT, GPA, experience)? I don't know if my stats are good enough...

Also, anyone have opinions of the surrounding area? I've read that its a very nice area to live in. I am currently engaged and would like to know a place (apartment or neighborhood) that would be good for a couple. Any clues?

Hmmm... Heard that Dean Lott is very nice. Does she do the interviewing or is it a team of faculty? I seem to get conflicting information on that one. How does the interview day go? Just curious.

Do they have a joint degree program? Not sure if they do or not.

Thanks to anyone who can answer some questions for me. I really really appreciate it. Hope my interview goes well and I can join the c/o 2013 at OCPM!

Student082
I dont know what the average gpa and Mcat is.

The area around the school is very nice.

Dean Lott interviews you and so does one other women(sorry dont remember who she was).
The interview starts out with a tour of the school. Then come back to the conference room and they discuss financial aid and go over the housing options. Most of the aparments they recommend are in Parma, Parma Heights, North Royalton and west Lakewood. Most of the students they claim live in the Regency.

They then start interviewing people some people are done with both of their interviews the one with Dean Lott and the one with the other women before lunch. Others will finnish their up after lunch.

During lunch one of the deans of sugery talks to us about the school and he focuses s lot on the clinical years and the options for research avaible.

After lunch people finnished up their interviews and during that time another professor (sorry dont remeber who he was because I was finnishing up me interview while he was speaking). Once he is done speaking and you are done with your interview your day is done.

Sorry ahead of time for all of the questions for all of you OCPM c/o 2013 :)

I had my interview at Scholl and was accepted, but I really have my heart set on OCPM. What's the normal acceptance criteria for OCPM (MCAT, GPA, experience)? I don't know if my stats are good enough...

Also, anyone have opinions of the surrounding area? I've read that its a very nice area to live in. I am currently engaged and would like to know a place (apartment or neighborhood) that would be good for a couple. Any clues?

Hmmm... Heard that Dean Lott is very nice. Does she do the interviewing or is it a team of faculty? I seem to get conflicting information on that one. How does the interview day go? Just curious.

Do they have a joint degree program? Not sure if they do or not.

Thanks to anyone who can answer some questions for me. I really really appreciate it. Hope my interview goes well and I can join the c/o 2013 at OCPM!

You might also try looking into Broadview Heights and Sagamore Hills. These communities are on the pricier side, but with an extra income it won't be a problem. Both are about 1/2 way between Cleveland and Akron so your fiancee will have an easier time finding a job (unless he is going to OCPM too?).

My interview was a little different than Brittni's. I did not meet any professors or the Dean of Surgery....Although I did meet the anatomy assistant and I don't think she was wearing a bra. :confused: You should get an acceptance that day.

If you don't mind sharing why OCPM over Scholl? My decision will probably come to those two as well, but I am leaning the other way...

One of the reasons for leaning towards OCPM is location. That's not the deciding factor tho. I like the fact that they're not affiliated with a huge university... I see it as a chance to make yourself known, not just become a number. I could be wrong. I haven't seen the campus or the facilities, but I've heard good and bad things about them. I'll have to make my final decision after the interview/after acceptance.

When I went on the tour at Scholl, it was a bit overwhelming to have sooo many students in one place. There are five professions taking courses there. Not that its a bad thing, just overwhelming at times.

Thanks for the advice about living locations, I'm sure my fiance will appreciate it as well as myself :) Let me know how you choose. Either way good luck on your choice!

anyone know OCPM part I most recent pass rate? I can't find it anywhere. I've heard anywhere between national average to 100%. I know they're not 100%, but I'm not sure of the real number. Any ideas?

One of the reasons for leaning towards OCPM is location. That's not the deciding factor tho. I like the fact that they're not affiliated with a huge university... I see it as a chance to make yourself known, not just become a number. I could be wrong. I haven't seen the campus or the facilities, but I've heard good and bad things about them. I'll have to make my final decision after the interview/after acceptance.

When I went on the tour at Scholl, it was a bit overwhelming to have sooo many students in one place. There are five professions taking courses there. Not that its a bad thing, just overwhelming at times.

Thanks for the advice about living locations, I'm sure my fiance will appreciate it as well as myself :) Let me know how you choose. Either way good luck on your choice!

Facility wise, OCPM is awesome. I cannot compare to Western but I can to the other 7 schools. OCPM's old facility was a dump, this new place is 100x better (great lecture halls, anatomy lab, patient sim center, etc) . Plus since it's in the suburbs, there are tons of housing options.

What bad things did you hear about the campus/facilities? I know they are expanding the campus in a few phases - the next one includes an additional building/lecture hall. It will be completed by summer 2009.

OCPM Class of 2013. Also interviewed and was accepted on Nov. 7th. I'm excited to meet and get to know everyone. When is everyone thinking of moving into their apartment of choice?

OCPM Class of 2013. Also interviewed and was accepted on Nov. 7th. I'm excited to meet and get to know everyone. When is everyone thinking of moving into their apartment of choice?

Congrats! :D

My wife & I will be flying out probably in June to check out homes/apartments.......(looking @ the ads on CL)....Plan on moving there by July.....

I'm officially OCPM c/o 2013. Just sent in my deposit :) Can't wait to get started... although, now I'm a bit nervous, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Student082

Yes.. Congrats Student082..

I am hoping that I will be able to write a similar post soon... I am scheduled for an interview on 2/27/09..

Are there any pointers that those of you who have been through this can offer me?
Thanks.
R.Jim

The advice I would give you is to just be yourself. It is a very stress free day and everyone there is nice and makes you feel at home. Read the interview feedback and the questions people have listed on there because those are the main questions they will ask. It is a nice place and the interview day is very laid back. Good luck.

Yes.. Congrats Student082..

I am hoping that I will be able to write a similar post soon... I am scheduled for an interview on 2/27/09..

Are there any pointers that those of you who have been through this can offer me?
Thanks.
R.Jim

OCPM has the most lax interview experience out of any of the pod schools IMO (cant say of western though). If you got invited to an interview, then you are 90-somewhat percent in. I think it's to weed out sketchballs more than anything. The school has the biggest class size of any school and accepts a lot of people.

Just relax and be yourself. It really couldnt be easier, especially compared to interview experiences like at DMU or AZpod. 3 interviewers shooting you rapid fire questions is a hell of a lot harder than a chill conversation with a Dean of Students.

Sent in the deposit two weeks ago. Now just have to wait and find a place to live.

Does anyone have a copy of OCPM's academic calendar? I tried to go on their site and view it... but you need a login/pw... which I don't have. So if you have a copy I can view just PM me...

Thanks!

OCPM has the most lax interview experience out of any of the pod schools IMO (cant say of western though). If you got invited to an interview, then you are 90-somewhat percent in. I think it's to weed out sketchballs more than anything. The school has the biggest class size of any school and accepts a lot of people.

Just relax and be yourself. It really couldnt be easier, especially compared to interview experiences like at DMU or AZpod. 3 interviewers shooting you rapid fire questions is a hell of a lot harder than a chill conversation with a Dean of Students.

I completely agree. Too bad I scheduled my interviews with OCPM first, followed by AZPOD and DMU respectively. I walked into the AZPOD interview expecting a relaxed atmosphere and feeling as if the interviewers wanted to get to know me. Boy was I wrong. I was so offput by the interview I wanted to leave. Anyway, after much deliberation, I chose OCPM. See you all there. By the way, I'm having some trouble finding a place to live. I really don't care where I live but my fiancee is kind of picky about safety and overall atmosphere (she wants to live in a more family-oriented neighborhood rather than a college town). Anyone have any ideas? Right now she's looking into places like Avon and Westlake.

I completely agree. Too bad I scheduled my interviews with OCPM first, followed by AZPOD and DMU respectively. I walked into the AZPOD interview expecting a relaxed atmosphere and feeling as if the interviewers wanted to get to know me. Boy was I wrong. I was so offput by the interview I wanted to leave. Anyway, after much deliberation, I chose OCPM. See you all there. By the way, I'm having some trouble finding a place to live. I really don't care where I live but my fiancee is kind of picky about safety and overall atmosphere (she wants to live in a more family-oriented neighborhood rather than a college town). Anyone have any ideas? Right now she's looking into places like Avon and Westlake.

westlake and avon are more than a half hour away from the school, if you want family oriented neighborhood, pretty much stay away from any of the apt complexes they suggest. the townhouses they suggest are good, but very pricey. look into renting in towns within 10 min of school-- independence, seven hills, valley view, and brecksville. not many students live in those towns as there are not as many cheap apts to rent. good for a family if u want to buy or rent a house tho. most of the students live in parma, parma heights or brooklyn... they are not the ghetto by far, but they are run down and dingy, very cheap to live in. i live in parma, but am cheap, single, and dont care if i have a front lawn!

Hello everyone...

I just sent my deposit in.. I'm officially an OCPMer now!!

Welcome Robotjim
I am glad that your interview went well and welcome to OCPM

OCPM class of 2013

Hello everyone, recently accepted as well. I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

Welcome Robotjim
I am glad that your interview went well and welcome to OCPM

OCPM class of 2013

Thank you.. I can't wait to get started.

Are the rest of you guys and gals going to enjoy your last summer of freedom or are you going to study some to prepare? Also, are you all set on where you're living?

Thank you.. I can't wait to get started.

Are the rest of you guys and gals going to enjoy your last summer of freedom or are you going to study some to prepare? Also, are you all set on where you're living?

I just emailed Kristy last night and she said that we should have a place by mid July. Some places will allow you to sign a lease early for July, but i have yet to check on which ones. I am leaning towards the Regency due to the low cost and the fact that all is included except electric. As far as this summer goes, most of the pod students on this forum recommend just taking it easy because you will study your @$$ off come August. :eek:

Just wondering, after you have submitted your application, how long did it take for OCPM to offer an interview? I submitted my application a week ago and I haven't heard from them yet.

Just wondering, after you have submitted your application, how long did it take for OCPM to offer an interview? I submitted my application a week ago and I haven't heard from them yet.

If I remember correctly I had an interview invitation relatively fast (it will come via snail mail); Probably about one week after my app was submitted. I bet you will get your invitation today or tomorrow.:xf:

Yea, it took about a week for mine as well. You can always email Dean Lott to make sure she received it, while confirming the receipt of your rec letters and bring your name to the top of the pile.

Thanks you guys! I received my interview letter today :) Which hotel did you guys stay at?

Thanks you guys! I received my interview letter today :) Which hotel did you guys stay at?

I stayed at the Hyatt for $99.00; the rooms were exceptionally nice, but i was dissapointed that they didn't have a full service restaurant (it is more like a snack bar).

To Whom It May Concern:

The Sheraton Hotel (directly across from OCPM campus) is offering a discounted rate to OCPM students. It would seem likely you could get this discounted rate if you mentioned you were applying to the school and/or you were a prospective student. The discounted rate is 59.00. IMO, the Sheraton is the nicest and most hospitable hotel in the surrounding area - and certainly would be a great overnight stay before an interview process.

Stay at double tree.. They are super nice and very reasonably priced.

I just gave my interview to OCPM and they accpeted me conditionally because they haven't got my Mcat score yet, they ask to deposit within four weeks, but I will get my Mcat score in 6th week, I am wondering what If I didn't make their required Mcat score will I lose my deposit.
does anyone had the same problem ......and got in.
thanks

I just gave my interview to OCPM and they accpeted me conditionally because they haven't got my Mcat score yet, they ask to deposit within four weeks, but I will get my Mcat score in 6th week, I am wondering what If I didn't make their required Mcat score will I lose my deposit.
does anyone had the same problem ......and got in.
thanks

Mine is a similar situation..
I was conditionally accepted as well(on 02/27/09) and my mcat score won't be released till the end of this month.. I already sent in my deposit.. I'm not sure what they will do if we fail to meet their minimum score(which I believe is 21).
I guess if we don't meet this requirement we are out $500..Then again, maybe if we can't make a 21 on the mcat we aren't ready for pod school.

Hopefully more people that have been through this scenario will reply.. I am interested to hear what they have to say.

hi Robotjim...............Please let me know after you recieved the final words from OCPM.........thanks
when exactly are you expecting your Mcat score..........thanks

hey about the conditional acceptances....

i was accepted conditionally back in october... because my mcat at the time was a 17 (didnt study the first time.. yes i know dumb blah blah.. try working two jobs and taking 18 credits.. haha) and was told to send in the deposit and to go get a 20 (the minimum for OCPM) and then id be all set....so i took it in january and got a 23.. sent it in.. they took care of the rest..so i was kinda in the same boat..

you have until some test date in july to get the 20.. so you still have chances.. but if you dont get the 20 you wont get your money back..

I just received my letter for an interview... any reason to interview early may vs. june (after I take the MCAT)? sounds like a great place to go, I cant wait to see it all in person!

I just received my letter for an interview... any reason to interview early may vs. june (after I take the MCAT)? sounds like a great place to go, I cant wait to see it all in person!

I would think that the earlier you can interview the better. A conditional acceptance still locks your place in the class of 2013, and it is starting to get a bit late in the cycle. Plus, you will get your financial aid info in a month earlier and that is equally important.

I would think that the earlier you can interview the better. A conditional acceptance still locks your place in the class of 2013, and it is starting to get a bit late in the cycle. Plus, you will get your financial aid info in a month earlier and that is equally important.

thanks dropfoot!

Does anyone know what time the interview starts at OCPM and exactly where you're supposed to go for it? The letter that I got in the mail didn't have any of this information.

Does anyone know what time the interview starts at OCPM and exactly where you're supposed to go for it? The letter that I got in the mail didn't have any of this information.

I believe ours started at 9 am, and someone will meet you as you walk through the front door of the school.

Is your interview this friday at OCPM chopstix

Are you all set and prepared for the big day? I dont really know much about the interview day and havent heard much about the interview itself, I was told it was pretty laid back I guess.

Are you all set and prepared for the big day? I dont really know much about the interview day and havent heard much about the interview itself, I was told it was pretty laid back I guess.

Well this is my first interview so im excited/nervous. Same here, I don't think the interview at OCPM should be too bad. I just went over my application and looked over the interview feedback.

Do you know if we should bring anything to the interview... like a folder or something for questions we may have?

Ya same here...from what I was told..OCPM usually gives out same day acceptance letters to mostly everyone that is invited for interviews, so hopefully that is true

Do you know if we should bring anything to the interview... like a folder or something for questions we may have?

They actually will provide you with a package before you do your tour.....It'll have pens, paper, etc for you to take notes on......I had the misfortune of buying a professional $30 portfolio just for the occasion & didn't even open it once...So NO-----you won't need anything..

NO guys..you don't need to walk with any paper, they will have all your profile. just remember dress to impress....be yourself and be professional..........Yes you will get find out on the same day. if you are missing Mcat you will be accpeted conditionally.( same thing happens with me :idea:..).....so good luck.