Oct. 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question...do we begin hearing on Oct. 15th or is that when they start sending out acceptances/denials from the admissions offices???

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools email you (MCV), but others will send out their letters in the mail on the 15th.

Take it from someone who freaked out every time an acceptance date was approaching last year... try to find something to get your mind off of it or by the time the process is over you will have made your self go crazy!!!!!:scared: :scared:

schools don't ever send out rejections or waitlists via email do they?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by kreno
schools don't ever send out rejections or waitlists via email do they?

MCV (Medical College of Virginia) does everything by email. the email sends you to their status page and the page tells you the news which can be good or bad. Not one single piece of paper is sent from them.

This question has been answered a hundred times already, but just in case someone missed it...

Oct. 15 is the first day schools are SUPPOSED to start notifying non-EDP applicants of acceptance, though some schools violate this policy (I think someone on here already learned they had gotten into Tulane) and some (Case Western) apparently mistimed their mail.

kreno schools don't ever send out rejections or waitlists via email do they?

Albany Medical College sends out waitlist and rejections by email within 10 days after the interview, and acceptances by snail mail within 10 days after the interview.

Aah! I feel like it's Christmas Eve! I'm NEVER going to get to sleep tonight. ;)

Jade~

Dear Med School Elves, please send me an acceptance! I've been really, really good this year....

I felt the exact same thing, like its Christmas Eve! Glad to know that I have SDN to get me through why the admission elves work!

Originally posted by hokiedoc
I felt the exact same thing, like its Christmas Eve! Glad to know that I have SDN to get me through why the admission elves work!

ME TOO! Just think, we could be getting that e-mail from MCV in less than 8 hours.. Wow what a thought!

Come on MCV email us!!!! Good luck Clittle I'm waiting for them too. :)

It's October 15th on the East Coast!!! :scared: :eek: :scared:

And let me just say that I think email rejections/wait list notifications are the tackiest things EVER. What other schools are classy enough to deliver bad news this way? :rolleyes:

I'm only 2.5 hours from the school I'm waiting to hear from... I'm thinking there might be a roadtrip in my afternoon. :D

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
I'm only 2.5 hours from the school I'm waiting to hear from... I'm thinking there might be a roadtrip in my afternoon. :D

Is it ECU? I didn't realize it was that far from Chapel Hee-ull. :)

Ewwww......do we have a Tarhole in the house????

Your Favorite BlueDevil,
Surfdevl02