October 15 Acceptances!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jamier2

SDN Hillbilly Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the big day is here.

I think I may be the only person rejected and accepted in a span of 35 minutes at the SAME school!!!

Well, to sum it up, I did get in, but not without a few tense moments.

I called the admissions office, and was told that I was in line for a second interview (basically a rejection over the phone).

Well, after I almost cried for half an hour, another person from the office called me to tell me I was accepted. The first person I spoke with just wasn't allowed to view the acceptances on her computer since they hadn't opened up the database yet.

Woooooohooooooooo!!!!

Anybody else have the good news to share??? :)

Members don't see this ad.

What school Jamie? And congrats!

CONGRATULATIONS Jamie!! I've been rooting for you since the good ol' prehistoric days of SDN. Enjoy the feeling you have right now of reaping the rewards of all your hard work! You deserve it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering if it's bad form to call up and ask. I'm desperately waiting to hear from Univ. of Florida, but I don't want to bug them!

YEA! Big congrats to you!!!
Where will your MD diploma be from????
Go out and celebrate!!!!!!
:D L

Congrats Jamie! That's great news for you!!! I hope to hear something soon, but I'm not couting on it...

I hope you are really successful in medical school!

Thanks everyone. It was UK (Kentucky), my top choice. :)

I called them and asked, I just couldn't wait anymore, but they did say that we could when we interviewed.

Congratulations! I can only imagine your relief/joy. :) :) :)

WOW. Congrats....DOCTOR!

Woohoo!!! Congrats Jamie!!! :D I am so excited for you!! You must be floating on cloud nine now (although I'm sure you were upset earlier...what a great turn-around!!) :)

For now I'm just camping out by the mailbox waiting on my August MCAT scores, and hoping to get some secondary apps to keep me busy. ;) Maybe if I get lucky <crosses fingers> I'll see you in Lexington next August. :)

Raina

Originally posted by rainanoelle:
•Maybe if I get lucky <crosses fingers> I'll see you in Lexington next August•

I hope so. It would be nice to find some more non-trad people and couples for my wife and I to hang out with.

Congratulations! So, now are you just going to blow off any and all other interviews?

Adam

Rumit,

I am going to one more interview, at my other state MD school, Louisville. I'm 99.99% sure I want to go to UK, but I'm going to at least check Louisville out.

I guess the main difference now is that I have a great answer for the "what if you don't get in?" question, and I won't be nervous at all. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
coooolllll! big congrats hug ur way :) :)

congrats Jamier2...it's nice to see someone more in my age range getting in too...gives me hope!

Congratulations, Jamier2!!

It must be such a relief to get through the most excruciating part of the med school process! You deserve it!!

:)

Congrats Jamier! I hope you enjoy UKentucky. Unless you are destined to go elsewhere...

Congrats Jamie!!!!!!!!! :)

I've been rooting for you all along this process -- it's great to see that you made it (and so quickly too!).

Enjoy your time now -- the glow fades quickly by next fall. :(

Congratulations!! That's awesome. :)

Congratulations Jamier! Always good to see people start getting acceptances. I know that you were hoping for UK, so I'm glad it worked out for you!!

Congratulations, Jamie. You are one of my favorite posters, and it's great to see you get in already.

Originally posted by oldernotwiser:
•it's nice to see someone more in my age range getting in too...gives me hope!•

Hey, I do what I can. ;)

Gotta help out the other "old folks". :)

And thanks everyone for the nice wishes. I hope you are all successful as well. :)

GREAT JOB JAMIER!!! You're the man!!

Mossjoh

CONGRATULATIONS, Jamie!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! :D

Maureen