October 15th: can we call the admissions office that day and ask??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yancantcook

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if we should wait to hear from schools that say they will tell us on the 15th our acceptance/denial or if i should simply call them up at 9am and ask??

do you think they'll get pissed??

waiting is so dreadful, i want to know!

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait a few days as some of the schools may be mailing the information. However, in the end it probably will not matter at this point in time. If they accept you, I doubt they are going to suddenly change the acceptance to a denial...and if they deny you, I'm sure they aren't changing their minds either. ;-)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
NubianPrincess said:

I agree. I've found that Jack Daniels makes an excellent companion during those long days in which you are waiting for news.

taehong81 said:
I called on the 16th and got an answer.

16th is a saturday this year.

might be a very LONG weekend wait

yancantcook said:
I'm wondering if we should wait to hear from schools that say they will tell us on the 15th our acceptance/denial or if i should simply call them up at 9am and ask??

do you think they'll get pissed??

waiting is so dreadful, i want to know!
they might get pissed: wouldn't you be annoyed if you kept getting interrupted in the middle of trying to send out acceptances because people kept calling you about...acceptances!?

maybe call them next week. good luck in the meantime.

Patience is a virtue. I'm trying to make this my new/old mantra

why are you so intent on getting the admissions staff annoyed? just relax.

and can you imagine the pain of an over-the-phone rejection?