October 2003 OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyedream82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
And so i got a letter from SCO today and they have been informed by the OAT people that the "OAT scores have been delayed" this year. Normally this time of year last year, OAT scores should have have been arrived already and decisions have been made by now. What's going on?:rolleyes:

:eek: how much longer will this torture last:confused:

They're just scores, just run them thru and mail them to us. Simple as that. Not like ballots, no need for RECALLS:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

that sucks :rolleyes: so no idea when then.....?

Members don't see this ad :)
well at least we're all in this together...

I called the OAT testing service today (12/11) and the woman said that they will send the scores out this week... so i guess Friday then? Anyway, when i asked her the specific day, she didn't sound so sure. ::sigh::

as long as its in the mail
sadwavey.gif

I happened to e-mail SCCO today to see if they received everything, other than my OAT scores. And I got a reply and turns out they got my OAT scores today! So everyone should be getting them soon. :oops:)

OH Great!!!!!

Now, I don't want my scores :eek:

Yes, I do. No, I don't. Yes, I do. Oh no wait, it might ruin my Christmas. But then again, it might be a good Christmas. OOOoo, AAAAAA, see what's happening to me here? I'm going crazy, like a pregnant woman. :mad:

On second thought, maybe I should NOT open it if i get it this week. I got finals next week so maybe it's a good idea to just not thinking about it and focus on my finals.

*waiting and comtemplating and worry and nervous*
can't eat, sleep, stop thinking about it.

Phewww....:(

so do the optometry schools get the scores before us then? anyone know if Berkeley got them yet?

Originally posted by j_hsieh
so do the optometry schools get the scores before us then? anyone know if Berkeley got them yet?

the schools always gets your scores first.

:laugh: eyedream -- I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks like that! I went through the same thing with my results last year. ;)

Originally posted by eyedream82
OH Great!!!!!

Now, I don't want my scores :eek:

Yes, I do. No, I don't. Yes, I do. Oh no wait, it might ruin my Christmas. But then again, it might be a good Christmas. OOOoo, AAAAAA, see what's happening to me here? I'm going crazy, like a pregnant woman. :mad:

On second thought, maybe I should NOT open it if i get it this week. I got finals next week so maybe it's a good idea to just not thinking about it and focus on my finals.

*waiting and comtemplating and worry and nervous*
can't eat, sleep, stop thinking about it.

Phewww....:(

What happens if you screw up the October OAT? Would the schools put your application on hold until you take the February test?

My buddy got his OAT scores monday this week...did pretty damn good too, 90%tile. Although when he took the exam, well lets just say he drank his sorrows away that night.

All of the schools he applied to have the score except for one in philly

I took the OAT in Feb '03 and did not feel comfortable with it all when I left. I ended up with a 320 science average. I took them again in October because I wanted to do better on the quantitative reasoning section, yet I was accepted to NEWENCO before (11/20) the schools had Oct OATs.

So to all of those anxious and thinknig they did poorly, I am sure you did better than you thought. Plus, the scores are correlated to how everyone else did. So try to relax, I know easier said than done, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!