OD to DO at ICO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SimpleS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard of an instance when ICO offered an accelerated DO degree (3 yr. program in association with a DO school in Chicago) to its 4th year ODs who were interested :eek:. Is this true :confused:? And if so, how can I find out more information on this subject? This may be a deciding factor for me when I choose the school I attend. I would love to know more about this matter or if any other OD schools offer such an opportunity to their OD students to further their knowledge into surgeries :idea:. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much! :D

Members don't see this ad.

If that is offered, it is the best kept secret at the school. I graduated from ICO last May and I never heard a word about it. There is a PhD through UC with 2 additional years. No one has done it yet though. Feel free to call the school and ask. The people in admissions would be able to tell you. Don't feel intimidated to call, they are all regular people that would be happy to talk to you.

I will definitely call and ask. The person I heard this from is an optometrist that did a residency with an ophthalmologist that did this. But I will be sure to ask ICO to find out more info about this. But there has to be someone out there that knows what I'm talking about :confused:?! If anyone knows anything about what I'm saying, please share any information with us. Thanks! :D

I heard the same thing about an MD with Univ of TN for graduating ODs when I went to SCO. I believe it's called an "urban legend."