odd category on residency site...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H_Caulfield

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's weird that, on the FREIDA site, there's a 'yes or no' question, answered by the residency-bearing institution and just below "health insurance provided?" and "dental insurance ensured?," that goes...umm... "disability available for occupationally-acquired HIV"?? Good Lord! How many people does this happen to? Anyone know anybody?

I mean...it's obvious to me that it happens sometimes, but I was thinking of it as kind of a freak thing. If it warrants its own category on an informative sheet for potential residents, maybe I wasn't exactly right.

Members don't see this ad.

H_Caulfield said:
Anyone else think it's weird that, on the FREIDA site, there's a 'yes or no' question, answered by the residency-bearing institution and just below "health insurance provided?" and "dental insurance ensured?," that goes...umm... "disability available for occupationally-acquired HIV"?? Good Lord! How many people does this happen to? Anyone know anybody?

Let me answer your questions in order. No. It's relatively rare. Yes.