Odd Q: I took Psych during Dual enrollment ('A'), took it again in college ('B')...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor_Strange

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So when I was a junior in HS, I took General Pscyh at a local state college and earned an "A". Then I took Psych my spring semester freshman year and earned a "B". I never thought twice about this until recently when I learned my Dual Enrollment courses will be included in my AACOMAS profile.

At my undergrad school, I can P/F 3 classes. I was thinking of overriding my "B" into a Pass because I don't want to be in the situation where AACOMAS replaces my A with a B. At the same time, I have been told that my Dual Enrollment courses don't matter and I should not worry about them...

Currently, assuming I input the two courses independent my overall GPA is 3.47. IF I were to Pass my undergrad Psych and have only my 'A' it would be 3.48 (no diff here really). BUT I am worried that AACOMAS will supplant my A with the B yielding a 3.45.

In the grand scheme of things, I know it's not a big deal, but I am of the opinion that every point counts and matters after putting in so much.

What do people think and recommend? I'm not really considering MD ramifications at all....

I guess an indirect Q would be how are Dual Enrollment courses viewed. My objective is just to get beyond the computer system and get a pair of eyes on my app because I think all else is slightly above average with a solid PS and LORs...

THANK YOU!!!

Members don't see this ad.

"Dual Enrollment must be reported under the college which sponsored the class and are considered a regular college course." This is straight from AACOMAS website. So any class you took as dual enrollment will count towards your uGPA.

"Dual Enrollment must be reported under the college which sponsored the class and are considered a regular college course." This is straight from AACOMAS website. So any class you took as dual enrollment will count towards your uGPA.

Oh sorry, if I was not clear, I know that it will be included and I will report it no problem. I guess the second half of that "considered a regular college course" is what gets me. If I Pass my undergrad course, then im sure some my think I used it for a C in Psych. But i doubt committees dwell on this with hundreds of other apps. @Tr1LL do you have any thoughts on what I should do, or would recommend that is?