Odd question on Ohio State secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TakoCA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://i9.tinypic.com/3yhewrb.jpg

Click the link for a screenshot. It asks for my father's and mother's parents' education levels? Is that a typo or something? Strage that they would want to know about my grandparents, the rest of the application doesn't mention parents otherwise. Should I just answer the question as asked?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that was weird too! I answered the question as asked though...I was thinking maybe they asked about our grandparents b/c we had already answered about our parents on the amcas app.

Ah, good point.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd call the school and ask, cuase it's a weird question...
the people in the admissions office are super nice:)

I think schools just like to collect random information sometimes to show the demographics and SES of the applicants.
dont' sweat it

http://i9.tinypic.com/3yhewrb.jpg

Click the link for a screenshot. It asks for my father's and mother's parents' education levels? Is that a typo or something? Strage that they would want to know about my grandparents, the rest of the application doesn't mention parents otherwise. Should I just answer the question as asked?

i'd call the school and ask, cuase it's a weird question...
the people in the admissions office are super nice:)

super nice is an understatment.....i called on friday right when she was leaving (no not on purpose...i forgot about the 3hr time change) and she stayed about 37 minutes of her own time to figure out my application....AWESOME!!!

Even though it was asked on the AMCAS, every school has the right to ask it again.

This question is asked to get an idea of the circumstances of your childhood and your family background. This is especially important to discern if someone is coming from a truly disadvantaged background or region where there is much more need for physicians.

weird, what if one your others parents, one is educated through college and the other isn't. It seems to me they assume that they are educated the same.

weird, what if one your others parents, one is educated through college and the other isn't. It seems to me they assume that they are educated the same.

for the most part most couples are.....same education leads to same places....ie. college or burgerking......where they can meet and marry....also the conversations tend to be easier if the education is similar= longer marrages....

to all you tight-a--es i said for the MOST part...there are some exceptions!!