Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Blessed to have these choices, but need some inputs from y'all. Family is in the South, so both schools are pretty far as far as support system. However, I would love to do my residency somewhere in the South, so I can be closer to family. Have heard Madison students usually land in the midwest for residency and OSU students tend to scatter around. Interests are in anesthesiology, surgery, derm. I was set on going to UW SMPH, but after I interviewed at OSU, I was really attracted to their mentorship programs, student support services, and talking to students really felt so calming. On the other hand, I have heard UW SMPH culture is competitive as there are many gunners in the class. How exactly are the rankings/prestige when comparing these 2 schools?
UW SMPH Pros
UW SMPH Pros
- in-state tuition
- highly ranked
- harsh winters
- not as diverse/ competitive culture
- VERY diverse/friendly culture
- interview experience REALLY attracted me (access to mentors as I am first gen)
- OOS tuition
- new area as I am from WI