Odds of October Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindKP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying this cycle and will have my application all finalized by the end of July. What are the odds of receiving an October interview (assuming I get interview invitations)? I'm planning a 10 day vacation mid-October and will be buying (expensive) plane tickets/hotel rooms soon and would hate to spend the money and then find out I have to cancel my flights in order to attend an interview. I'm thinking October would be rather early to start interviewing however from what I've heard so I'm hoping I'd be ok...?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If you by chance receive an interview on the day you are expected to be gone, you can ask to reschedule the interview on a different day.
But this is not guarantee and depending on the school because some schools may not let you reschedule, or some may not have any other options for reschedule.

From my previous experience, when schools invite you for an interview, especially Pre-December, they usually give you a couple of dates to choose from

Members don't see this ad :)
The larger the school the more dates they will have available for you.

Ok that's good to know! I thought all schools were all or nothing when giving invitations for interviews but if chances are good that I'll have some flexibility with selecting dates I'll definitely feel better committing to the vacation. Thanks!

I'm applying this cycle and will have my application all finalized by the end of July. What are the odds of receiving an October interview (assuming I get interview invitations)? I'm planning a 10 day vacation mid-October and will be buying (expensive) plane tickets/hotel rooms soon and would hate to spend the money and then find out I have to cancel my flights in order to attend an interview. I'm thinking October would be rather early to start interviewing however from what I've heard so I'm hoping I'd be ok...?

I had a total of 10 interview offers and accepted 8 of them. For whatever reason, October was the month where I got slammed. Luckily, I was able to move a couple of dates and have it all work out. I did get a couple of post Dec interviews as well, which I know wasn't your question, but those schools did not offer flex dates. They gave you a date and you either came or you didn't. I don't know if that was just how those schools operated or if it was because they were post Dec or what. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user