# of applicants in MSAR means what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derf

Ohio Land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
that is, for each individuals schools profile data.

NYU = ~2950 applicants

do they mean those who submitted only primary or

those who were complete.

MSAR does not provide an explanation. Any insight would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

hmmmm, i would think (HOPE!) primary, particularly since most (not all, of course) schools send auto-secondaries.
however, that # for NYU seems a bit low don't you think?

This number is indeed low for NYU, which is why it may, in fact, reflect completed applications rather than primaries. Hope you're right though.

Members don't see this ad :)
It should be number of primaries. For instance when you look for University of Chicago on MSAR they list around 4800 applications. If you goto their own web site, they list about the same number as in MSAR except that they tell you abou 2700 applicants completed the secondary. So the number on MSAR is most likely the number of applicants from AMCAS. Reason NYU may be low is because they used not to be part of AMCAS and had their own applications (don't quote me on this) which tends to turn off applicants.

dr.z said:
It should be number of primaries. For instance when you look for University of Chicago on MSAR they list around 4800 applications. If you goto their own web site, they list about the same number as in MSAR except that they tell you abou 2700 applicants completed the secondary. So the number on MSAR is most likely the number of applicants from AMCAS. Reason NYU may be low is because they used not to be part of AMCAS and had their own applications (don't quote me on this) which tends to turn off applicants.

u got it! that explains columbia P&S as well-

brilliant

Yes, now I have devised a way so you don't have to remove Guiness Beer Tops with your teeth.

Brilliant

Brilliant