# of thank you letters

Started by manleyjb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

manleyjb

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I interviewed with 3 faculty and 1 resident at different times. Is it proper to send thank you cards to all 4 of them or just to the PD? To be safe I am sure I should send to all of them seperately but I was trying to avoid writing/sending 50+ letters. I searched for the answer but no luck.
 
I was wondering the same thing... our 4th year dean who is also a residency director is the king of decorum and he recommended we send just one to the program coordinator mentioning all the people we interacted with and maybe once in a while send one to an interviewer we really connected with and wanted to stay in touch with. However, I just had my first interview and definitely got the feeling that all 5 of my interviewers would appreciate one... so I think my conclusion is you can't send too many so just send what you have the time and patience for.
 
Hey! This is my first live post after reading this forum all interview season....

I asked the program coordinator during my 1st interview at a school I did a Sub-I at... she said it's the best to send a letter to each interviewer.

Hope this helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent one to each interviewer. I had 4 interviews in one day. I know that two of them were really in charge of ranking us, and others just give their overall impression. So, knowing that all of them had a piece of the pie, i sent thank yous to all.

I wrote a general thank you note to the program manager in a big manila envelope then added the other thank you cards to the larger envelope and asked the program manager to distribute them for me. Saved on postage 🙂.
 
What kind of thank you notes did you guys send? Hand written letters? Those little thank you cards with something on them? Just not sure what the expected format is.
 
I have the little thankyou note cards and was writing hand written notes but I have no faith in my writing without spellcheck and revisions so I might switch to typed letters... I've gotten a typed reply from a PD and I had one coordinator tell us they prefer emails anyways. Any other thoughts?

This has been the most stressful part of interviewing for me... I feel like everyone has their own perceptions of what must be done, what should be done, etc. and I'm not hearing a consensus that fills me with any ease.